LeapFrog / Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with an online order!

This is absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with an online order. I have spent thousands of dollars online. My order was place on December 14 and I was guaranteed Christmas delivery.

It is very important that children's toy's arrive on time. My first call was made on December 17 or 18 and was told the item was being prepared to ship and I could expect an email the following day with shipping information and it would definitely arrive for Christmas. I did not receive an email as promised. My second call was on December 20. They could give me no information regarding shipping but again assured me it would arrive on time. At this point I was getting leary and it was too late to go order from somewhere else. I also sent an email explaining the problem, asking for help, and expressing my frustration. To date I have received no answer to this email. My third call was made on December 22. Again they could give me no information as to whether it has been shipped or not. The Customer service representative promised that he would check with shipping and call me back. Guess what, he didn't call. I was left without a gift. I will never buy another LeapFrog item and will tell everyone I know of this experience. They need to get their act together or get out of the online business. The public needs to be aware of companies that do not care about their customers.

Va

Comments

• It
      30th of Jan, 2007

We do not by any means NOT care about our customers... Just because UPS ###ed up and we have NO control over ups you guys wanna ###. Get over it. You still got ur crap didn't ya.

• Ca
      20th of Feb, 2007

THATS not the point we payed for something we want it when we was supposed to received it As she said she wanted BEFORE Christmas not after

And as for you with your NASTY mouth its because ppl like us that order you have a J O B

So YOU GET OVER IT!

And for your info my man works for UPS and they are reliable its the store that messes up.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• Mo
      20th of Feb, 2008

wow - Leapfrog is the worst company ever, and the response posting is unacceptable! My experience: Needed to return prod to company, called and emailed for 10 days straight and could never get someone to answer the 866 phone lines or respond to my email with RGA #. I FINALLY got through on Jan 2nd - got RGA # froma very snotty rep. I returned merch via DHL to company on same day - they rec'd Jan 3 (signed for by their receptionist - CHAVEZ). Today I received email from them saying they had shipped the same prod to me on 2/20/08 and have charged my credit card. when i called to follow-up, i was told that a corporate manager had finally processed my return on 2/20/08, and that the email was a known error that happens in about one in every five returns that are processed. He claimed that a credit was issued to my card - and I was not charged as the email stated. I didn't trust what was being said. When I asked to get the name of the "corporate manager" - the rep on the phone stated that they can't give out that info nor transfer me to someone that could help further. I then asked for the name of the president of the company and the rep stated he couldn't give out that info either. I just checked with my credit card company - I have been charged

• Ki
      24th of Jun, 2009

I will never buy one of their products and i am going to refuse delivery of the one i just ordered. Here is a letter i just wrote to them:

Dear Leapfrog Customer Service:
    On June 24, 2009, I placed an order on your website; order number 1234961. The website had an offer for a free Disney “The Incredibles” game with my purchase. I also had a promotion code for 10% off my purchase. I read the fine print and it did not say that I could not combine offers. I placed the order and the shopping cart let me use both promotion codes. However, after it processed the order it did not show the free Disney “The Incredibles” game in the order. At this point it was too late to change the order or even cancel it. I tried to call customer service for assistance. The Representative that answered the phone was; Lee – Employee ID 0605888. She was unable to assist me and told me that I could not use more than one promotion code. I informed her that the website did not indicate that at anytime and the shopping cart let me use both codes while checking out without warning me. After I realized that she was unable to assist me I asked to speak to her supervisor. She told me that her supervisor would say the same thing. I then asked her more than 10 times to speak to her supervisor. After a series of holds I was finally speaking with her supervisor; Ethel - employee id 0808301. Ethel told me the same thing that her representative told me. I again informed her that I did not think it was right that Leapfrog’s website did not say I could not use more than one promotion code. I also told her that the checkout process should have prompted me that using multiple promotion codes was not allowed. Eventually, Leapfrog’s customer service proved to be anything but and they were not able/willing to assist me. I would like to have the Disney “The Incredibles” game sent to me since that is what I thought I would get by using the two promotion codes. That promotion for the free game is the only reason I bought the Leapster 2 system. If Leapfrog can’t/won’t honor their website offer then I would like to cancel the order. If I have to wait for the order to be shipped and then return it, then I would like to be issued a return mailing label so that I do not pay for return shipping. I am very disappointed in my first experience with Leapfrog Inc. and I don’t think I will be using or recommending any of their products.

• Jt
      23rd of Dec, 2009

My daughter received the Fridge Farm for her 2nd birthday last week. One of the pieces included in the product was defective (the magnet is broken and thus won't stick). Unfortunately, we did not have a receipt as it was a gift and the giver did not provide one. It was suggested we contact LeapFrog directly to get a replacement part.

I was instructed by the first call center representative (and it should be noted their call center is in the Philippines), to submit a photo of the defective product to the email message she had sent. After sending this photo, I received a message back from LeapFrog that the email address from which the photo was sent is not the email associated with the issue. I called back and confirmed with another associate that the email address was correct and resent the message. We waited to confirm receipt on their end. After 15 minutes of waiting and talking with the representative, we hung up, and literally not 1 minute later I received the "invalid email" message again.

Contacted LeapFrog Customer Support a 3rd time (4th over all, as my wife contacted them last week and was told they would return her concern with 1-2 business days), and spoke with a "supervisor." Esther and I were on the phone for nearly an hour trying patiently to get this issue resolved. Part of this time was spent helping the "supervisor" debug their own system. We tried a different email address from which to send the picture. Esther confirmed that the picture of the defective product was received, however, there would need to be a copy of the receipt of purchase in order for them to do anything. It was explained to Esther that the receipt did not exist as this was a gift and therefore the reason we are calling. (if there was a receipt to begin with, we would not have contacted the company). Esther offered me her "deepest" apologies, but confirmed for me that there was nothing they were authorized to do for us. She did however, in recognition of our inconvenience, offer us a 15% discount on our next purchase of a LeapFrog product!!!

8th of Apr, 2010

Leapfrog is terrible. We purchased a Leapster L-max for our daughter for Christmas. It broke in February. We have been trying to contact the company since then. It is April and they finally got in touch with us. And they won't replace the item Santa gave her b/c it is out of their 3 month warranty. I will never deal with them again. I have read online tons of problems with the Leapster L-Max...they have a crappy product and they know it!