LawDepot.com / One "free" form and then kept charging monthly, refusing to fully refund

1 Alberta Canada, Canada Review updated:

Just as someone else wrote: Financially a nightmare.
I got the one time form but did not go back to the website (being extremely busy with medical issues) and thy kept charging me monthly.
They claimed that they sent me an email to warren me that my credit card will be charged monthly but no email was ever sent...

They continued to charge me for a subscription I did not intend to do. Called them they arranged a refund, but only partial. They are aggressive though try to be "nice"and make it very hard to talk to a supervisor level.

I will NEVER use them again and hope no one else does and that they will be charged big time one day!!! total scam.

Ti
Aug 15, 2016

Comments

• La
      16th of Aug, 2016

As we discussed yesterday, you had selected the 7 day free trial offer which does clearly state the need to cancel within 7 days or the account converts to the monthly subscription until cancelled. Immediately after you click on the 7 day offer, the credit card screen repeats the same information. On the following page, your receipt also states the same details including how to cancel. Moments after you selected the 7 day free trial, we sent you an email to the email address you entered. We also sent another email when the subscription started. These emails are archived in your account under Help/Email Us.

Unfortunately, you did not cancel the account until August 15/16. When you contacted our agent, she cancelled the account and issued four courtesy refunds for May to August. Without proof of cancellation, you are responsible for the remaining charges. When you select a 7 day free trial and cancel within the 7 days, there are no charges for any documents prepared.