Laura Ashley / delivery

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I ordered a Laura Ashley 2 seat sofa and a sofa bed from Laura Ashley and I received a call telling me the delivery date, a text message conforming delivery and I also called the day before delivery to confirm that the delivery was happening. All was OK and the delivery was scheduled for between 1 and 4 pm. After waiting 7 weeks for delivery the Laura Ashley delivery truck finally arrived. Low and behold the sofa bed was missing. I called Laura Ashley and they did not know why it was not on the truck. They seemed very defensive and non-appologetic, they said they would call me back, which they did not. I called towards the end of the day and still no news. I called the followig day and they said that the sofa bed was late getting into the depot and was not loaded onto the truck. I asked if it is in the depot now and they said it was. They said that they can get it delivered to me in 6 days! 6 days. I said if it is in the depot and you have trucks why do I have to wait 6 days to which they had no answer! Discusting service. Mistakes happen this is they way of the world but when a mistake happens a good company pulls out all the stops to rectify the situation. Making me wait another week with no reasonable excuse is not good enough.

Comments

• Be
      11th of May, 2009

I saw a Laura Ashley dresser displayed at half price but when I then offered to buy it they refused to sell it to me, stating that it would disrupt their display but that I could buy it for the full price.

I'm sure displaying goods at a 'sale price' to get people into the shop and then stating the goods are unavailable is contravening the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations but no one in the shop seemed able to make a decision and customer compliants don't read emails.
    Too many of them perhaps!

Oh well, off to John Lewis.

• Li
      13th of May, 2009

I ordered and paid for two, two seater sofas from Laura Ashley 10 weeks ago and the delivery was supposed to happen today from between 10 and 1. I re-arranged for my 3 year old to be picked up from Nursery and then waited in for the delivery. At 11.30, I saw an unmarked van drive past my house, and look towards it. Great I thought - the delivery is here. There were some cars parked on my street, near my house, but the van could park across a neighbours driveway to gain better access to my house, which I would have told the delivery men if they had contacted me ( they should have rang me 30 mins before delivery to let me know they were on their way - of even could have knocked on my door !!) but no, they just drove past and kept on going !! Once I finally got through to the correct department in Laura Ashley customer services ( 3 attempts !!) I was told that they had failed to delivery as they could not gain access to my property !! - they easily could have. I have now been told that I will not receive my sofas for at least 5 days !!. We have gotton rid of our old sofas and now have nothing to sit on. Appalling service from what I imagined to be a very dependable company.

• Ca
      27th of May, 2010

NEVER ORDER FROM LAURA ASHLEY
    I ordered a Alma day bed back in Jan. Was told due to was begining of May. I didn't get it until the end of May and when I called got through to a very defensive person who said is was not late. Apparently the due date means nothing !!!

Carol

• Ad
      1st of Jan, 2011

I work for laura ashley in midwales, Im very offended by the comments above, when i work in the departments and know from actually seeing the work done that everyone there do there best to help customers, there is only ONE Customer services department that cover the UK and That is alot of work, calls and orders placed by us daily and we do our best to make sure that all orders are processed effectively. The comment about the none delivery due to parked cars, when you order you are asked (and i know this from placing hundreds of orders for customers) if there is any assess problems at the property, it is not laura ashleys fault if you have acsess problems this was asked when you placed your order and if you do not give them the relevant details it is only down to you that your delivery failed. Its nice to see these comments as compared to the amount of satisfied customers out there, Laura ashley is a dependable company, we all work very hard to do our jobs and it is comments like this about us not doing our jobs properly that angers me, as before you send blame you should look at the actual reasons behind them.

• Le
      28th of Jan, 2011

I'm afraid to say that, although I believe there are many lovely and hard working people at Laura Ashley, My first (and now only) experience with the company has been absolutely dreadful. I paid for three items of Garrat furniture ( which I must say looks amazing in the shop: superb design and finish - the website pictures do not do it justice) and a special delivery charge (£60) The furniture arrived but the crew ( two man) crew said it couldn't be delivered despite the arrangement because they didn't have the correct crew available. The furniture had been packed into the lorry!!! They delivery was registered as special -they new it was for a second floor flat but they sent a crew! They wasted my day - the surely would have charged me another £60, if I had let them down. I have cancelled my order and asked for a full refund which I'm legally entiteled because they could not fulfil the contract terms (i.e make the delivery). The proceed of being refunded is a farce. The company is very poorly organised in my opinion - members of staff have been pleasant but the systems they are working with are awful. I simply can't trust that things will be done. I'm utterly disappointed. I thought the company would be dependable because of it's good name. I have since discovered few people think of laura Ashley as a dependable company. They have some lovely furniture, but if they can't deliver the goods, what good is that?? I will never buy anything there again. I agree with a previous post about john lewis. You know where you are with them: the customer service is second to none - the staff there always apologises and explains when there has been an error - and they make up for it! They have a good attitude because their focussing is on a remedy rather than defending themselves. This us why john lewis actually grew last year, despite the recession!

• Le
      28th of Jan, 2011

Sorry, I wrote using my iPhone. I hope you can understand it despite the strange grammar, syntax and punctuation. The iPhone sometimes "auto-corrects" -I should have checked first!