Larson Doors / Bottom bubbling and falling apart

We purchased a Larson Door and installed it ourselves. It was one of the full glass doors, and one of the more expensive ones. We thought if we purchased the better one it would last longer, and it was beautiful in the beginning. About 2 years later it started showing a bubbling below the glass on the inside. As time went on it got worse and worse and then started eating out on the outside. Now we are afraid to open it, because we are afraid the frame will fall apart. I contacted Larson and they said to go online and fill out the complaint form and submit pictures. I checked this out, and after going through all this trouble all they wanted to do was send me a new frame around the window. We finally did what they wanted us to do in the beginning, GAVE UP! We are buying a new door, but we will never buy another Larson, and we are showing everyone what a Larson door will do. I think if they had offered to replace the whole door, instead of taking it apart and only replace part of it, they would still have us as a customer. As it is, they have lost us forever. and we have several doors that need storm doors.

Pa

Comments

• Mi
      5th of Jun, 2013

They do not stand behind their warranty. Our door /buckled/busted open after only two years. Both doors we had before did the same thing. They want us to pay $30 to get a new core no windows no nothing but the core. The whole door though very expensive is not worth $30. LARSON sucks! Their doors do NOT hold up to the out doors. They need to quit calling them storm doors and call them *** doors.

• Da
      22nd of Sep, 2017

I am a contractor, purchased a door and installed it. Paid my help to do it. After installation noticed small bubble in panel at bottom section of door. Company will not warranty any labor. Posted on their face book site and they blocked me from posting. When you buy a Larson Door have the seller open the box take the door out so you can thoroughly inspect it outside in sunlight then re-box it up. If they won't then I suggest buying another product. This is what it has lead to for me as a contractor. The company wants nor takes any responsibility for its merchandise.