Landau Costume Jewelry / Poor Customer Service

1 Short Hills, NJ, United States Review updated:

My son purchased a gift for me. Due to a serious illness in the family I was unable to return to the store to exchange the item for five weeks. I did not want to return the item, but wanted to exchange it for something that fit properly. The necklace purchased did not fit well and was extremely uncomfortable. The sales clerk was extremely rude and refused to make an exchange. She told me that even though my son paid full price he knew it was not returnable. Upon questioning him, he was totally unaware that it could not be exchanged and was very upset. I found the woman in the store to be very rude. I have been receiving mail and phone calls from this company repeatedly and have found it to be a nuisance. I called to request they no longer call my home, but continued to receive calls. Finally, tired of being frustrated I contacted Customer Service to complain. Her response to me was "well what do you want from us". Having worked in Customer Service I found her attitude astonishing. I proceeded to tell her that I found it unbelievable that as I was not looking for a refund, but an exchange that they were so difficult. Finally, she said if I "insisted" on complaining they would allow me to exchange it, but only for 50% of the value even though my son paid full price. I told her I felt that was unfair. She reacted by hanging up. I will never purchase another item from the company and think their practices need to be re-evaluated.

Comments

• Ai
      15th of Nov, 2018
    Landau Jewelry - Ambrosia Birthstone Bracelet
    Earth City
    Missouri

It broke while I was putting it on. Never had a chance to wear it