Lady of America Fitness Center - Deerfield Beach, FL / Beware of this fitness center!

Deerfield Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I belonged to the Lady of America in Deerfield Beach, Fl. My contract with them was for three years with very little room for backing out. I married in June of 2007 and moved to Franklin, Tn while our new home in Athens, Al was being built.

We closed and moved into our new home the 21st of August and I stopped the automatic payment from my checking acct at that time and sent proof of my new residence via a copy of our deed and my marriage certificate showing the name change. Please note that there is no LOA anywhere near Athens, Al. If there was I would gladly have gone as I enjoyed my experience at the gym.

They declined my submissions as proof and said they needed closing papers so I sent them. Again declined cause they were not signed copies. Contacted the Title company and had signed copies sent. Again, declined as proof of my residence as I am not on the mortgage loan. I am not on by choice, however I am on the deed and all other legal documents.

Okay, I send them our Homestead Tax Exemption papers which has both our names on it, shows the address and date of closing and can be obtained ONLY if it is your primary residence... again... declined as proof. Finally I send my license but since I did not obtain it till Nov, they want to charge me the extra three months, plus collection fees, plus late fees, etc.

It has been a nightmare dealing with these people. All I owe them is 20% of the remaining months which is under $130 but they are trying to really take me to the cleaners. I am so sorry to have ever hooked up with this company.

I have since checked the Better Business Bureau and they have a D rating. Not good folks. Beware.
Va

Comments

Xi
  22nd of Mar, 2008
I totally agree with you. What did you do to close your contract with them?

Lady Of America Logo Lady Of America