Lady of America / Just pay us, who cares about the rest

Lady of America is not for everyone. My advice is to not sign a contract there. If you are unhappy or have a suggestion the management really is not interested in hearing it. Their monthly dues are too high for what you get. They are usually located in a shopping centre and are very small. The employees do not speak to you when you walk in the door. The clubs are advertised as being for all women of all shapes and sizes and or ages. They also advertise that you are not just a number and that they will call you by name. Not true. Since the clubs are small you tend to get little clicks or groups. So High School and juvenile right!! I recommend larger clubs where everyone is treated well and in a professional manner. Beware of who is running the club and take advantage of the week free to see what it is like first. Check out the classes, employees and the clientele. Because when you sign that contract it is written in stone until it expires.

Va

Comments

• Ol
      10th of May, 2009

I have had the worst experience with the one in Miami Lakes but I have no choice but to continue going since they have me stuck on the contract:
    1) When I fist signed up I explained that I do not live in Miami on a full time basis and that I needed a month to month. The young girl assured me it was not a contract and that it was month to month. Next thing I know they say it is for 36 months and there is no way out and Carmen, the manager actually said, "Well, you should have read the contract." I guess I should have...trusting the girl who clearly explained it as otherwise is not enough...
    2) I emailed Carmen three times and she only responded once to tell me she would be responding to my email. It has been over three months and she has yet to answer any of my emails.
    3) I was stopped at the door last month told that my monthly payment was not made. (I am on auto-pay out of my checking account.) I had 5 minutes to run to my trainer session so I told the girl at the front desk I would take care of it as soon as my workout was done. She refused me entry into the gym and said I could not go in until after I paid. I explained to her it must be some sort of mistake because I have more than enough in my account and it always comes out of there but that I had to hurry or miss my scheduled trainer appointment in the gym. She was rude and singlemindedly refused so I had to just go in and do my workout and tell her to investigate the issue and get back to me so I can help fix it. She was so rude and even threatened to call the police on me to get me out of the gym. She treated me like a common thief and I was so insulted.
    When I explained that I suspected that the problem was that Washington Mutual was changing over to Chase Manhattan and that they were sending new cards out she said, "No, because you are the only one with this problem and there are other Washington Mutual clients." She actually followed me to the treadmill to harass me, tell me this and then tell me she was calling the police. Wow.
    I called the home office and explained the situation.
    I also called my bank and IN FACT they said they had sent me a new debit card that showed Chase instead of WAMU. I went home and got the new card, which I did find in my mail box, and called it into the home office.
    3) I placed a complaint to Heidi in the home office, who was very empathetic and nice, and she said she would forward it on. She did and later followed up with me telling me Carmen said she would call me back. It has been over three weeks since Heidi told me that and still Carmen has not called me or answered my calls.

I AM STUCK THERE NOW...and I regret it... :(
    ...watch out.

• Ka
      1st of Oct, 2009

The location I go to makes you wipe down the equipment while on the circuit! Meanwhile the manager, or whoever is behind the desk, doesn't do a thing but play on the computer and talk of the phone.