Ladbrokes / betting services

1 United Kingdom

On November 7, 2016 I went to Ladbrokes shop 2098 (Leicester Square) to collect my winnings on the Major League Baseball World Series which concluded on November 3. I had bet £25 at 8/1 on January 28, 2016 on the Chicago Cubs at Ladbrokes shop 0185 (Marlow, Bucks) giving me a return (including stake) of £225. I was informed that this bet had already been paid out! As I had held the original betting slip throughout the entire period since placing the bet and trying to collect it (and the Ladbrokes 2098 shop manager confirmed it was clearly authentic) this must mean that either an error in payout had occurred at shop 0185 or conceivably something else untoward had happened. I had to spend an hour at shop 2098 (who were doing all they could to assist me) while the two shops involved discussed the matter. Finally shop 2098 paid out my winnings and I understand they then passed this charge to shop 0185. I expect Ladbrokes will carry out an investigation as to what happened. I was extremely inconvenienced by this matter.

Ke