LabCorp / excruciatingly long wait

Review updated:

This is what I posted to the companies "customer support" page. "When we arrived for my son's test today, we were told the wait was 1 to 1 1/2 hours. My 12 year old son and I were subjected to a 1 hour and 50 minute wait for a blood draw. It was a fasting test. No morning appointments were available on the website for nearly 2 weeks. The individual I spoke with on the phone yesterday about appointments said a supervisor would call me back. That call never came. To force the staff drawing my son's blood to apologize repeatedly (unsolicited by me) is reprehensible on the part of your company. I wonder if anyone in your company has the capacity to imagine the level of anxiety that my child experienced? Probably not! Unfortunately, my insurer only uses your company. A copy of this message will be sent to them. I expect to receive no response from anyone at your company."

Mar 27, 2015
Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Ta
      Aug 04, 2010
    LabCorp - rude employee
    New Jersey
    United States

    I had an 8:30 appointment at Labcorp for a test that must be performed before 9:00 am. I expressed my concern as I was waiting. When I finally got to the phlebotomist (after 9:00), the receptionist told him I was "paranoid".

    0 Votes
  • Ta
      Aug 10, 2010

    I also complained on the Labcorp website. The next day a supervisor called, apologized and said that the employee will be retrained. She suggested to email me her direct phone number but never did it... hopefully she talked to that employee.

    0 Votes
  • Je
      Jun 23, 2016

    I happened in the Denton, Texas office today for a routine blood draw. First time I had been sent there. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I don't tolerate insolent employees. There was immediately attitude with the secretary. Waiting room full of people, and a single technician drawing blood. While waiting, a little 8 year old boy got called back with his mom. Now, no kid wants to be stuck - it's the stuff of nightmares for them - but this technician had to have hurt him pretty badly, probably as she was changing out BD vacutainers. It made the entire waiting room very uneasy. Finally, after waiting 35', I got up and left. There are plenty of other options. I called the MD ordering the allergy tests and told him never again and to do a bit of research before sending the public there. I'll go to my GP's phlebotomist where I'll be in and out in 3 minutes. Advice: PUT THESE NITWITS OUT OF BUSINESS. Do not allow your MD to send you there!!!

    0 Votes

Post your comment