La Quinta Inns & Suites / hold on debit card

Columbia, mo, United States

I was a guest at the Columbia MO location from June 18-21 and gave my debit card upon check in, informing the clerk I would pay cash at checkout. I was told the hold on my card would be released once my bill was paid in full. I indeed paid in cash upon checkout and was again assured any hold on my account would be released. When I returned home several hours later I discovered a hold of almost $200 existed on my bank account. I called the hotel location and was told by the desk clerk on staff that it could take up to two weeks for the funds to be released on my account. I find this to be highly unacceptable and inappropriate as my obligation to your hotel was fulfilled to you in full. Absolutely no damage was made to my room, I had no pets, and I am insulted that I was told two different stories by three different staff members. I believe this is a deceptive practice on the part of La Quinta and since I am a frequent traveler, not only read travel websites but also post reviews on those and other websites, I can't help but think others in similar circumstances would be leary and choose other more accommodating businesses. I hope something will be done to correct my situation immediately.

Mi