LA Fitness International / kids klub closing after multiple complaints

1 Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

I have been a member at the Kitchener location for 20 plus years. Even before it turned into an LA Fitness, when it was Family Fitness. I've been taking my son to the kids club for 7 years. In that time they have had multiple changeovers with staff, none of the toys have ever been replaced or improved, the hours went from being twice a day down to a four-hour window in the evening. They cut care on Fridays and Sunday so I can't even bring my son to the gym on those days. Yet they kept the $10 a month fee the same. There have been multiple times I have shown up and there's been no kids club staff even scheduled to work so the personal trainers have had to go in there and watch my son. I filed multiple complaints with the operations manager Stephanie, who did not get back to me. Last month I went in and the janitor was watching the children!!! While the actual kids club employee was at the front desk swiping people in. Was told that he had to work the front desk because Stephanie, the operations manager, would not let the janitor work the front desk. How they think it's okay for him to watch children in the kids club is beyond me then. So I filed another complaint and did not receive a call back from the operations manager. Surprise surprise!!! Then I went into the gym last night and I found out now they're closing the kids club entirely. Effective November 11th, 2018 there will be no more kids club. They didn't even give two weeks notice. On top of that, I was advised by employees that the person who made the decision said he doesn't care if he loses a bunch of families. Yet they have a zillion personal trainers standing around doing nothing. There's at least five children that go there on a regular basis, but apparently it's too expensive for the corporate business to pay one employee 4 hours a day 5 days a week. It's bad enough they don't even have daycare on Fridays or Sundays, now they're getting rid of it entirely. Last Friday night when I went into the gym, the head personal trainer had his own four year old daughter running around freely in the trainers area while his girlfriend was off in the weights working out. How is he allowed to have his daughter running around?? Extremely unprofessional. So as a long-term member of this gym, who now has to go somewhere else and find a club that actually has daycare, I'm infuriated. Not only that, management refuses to get back to me or address these concerns. How the company thinks they are going to stay afloat when they are closing and limiting services is beyond me. But I find it extremely unprofessional and CHEAP!!!

Be