LA Fitness / canceling membership

Been trying for a month to cancel membership, which, oddly, one can not do by phone or walking into a local fitness centre (Note: I had no problems writing a check and signing up by walking in). As a member of the military who recently received orders, I went to my "club" in Doral, FL as instructed, picked up cancellation form, and was told to mail it to LA Fitness HQ. Desk attendant said that the postmarked date on envelope would be used to prorate. A month later, my membership fee is still being withdrawn from my account. I called LA Fitness HQ, explained process I'd been through, then received a "we see no signs of cancellation" response and an "if it were me I would have..." lecture that included instructions on walking in to a nearby club, asking for a cancellation form, ensuring the desk attendant makes a note on your account (confirm with your own eyes), fill out paper form, and send it via certified mail to LA Fitness HQ followed by weekly phone call check-ups. What a work-out. While talking to LA Fitness HQ Phone Witch, I was trying to perfect a new stretch where I reached through the phone and gripped her belligerent neck. My advice: do push-ups or join the military if you want to get fit; otherwise, walk into LA Fitness, bend over, and touch your toes.

Va

Comments

• Fa
      18th of Jun, 2008

The reason that I want to cansel my membership is because I don't use it anymore, I have lots of outside activities so please cansel my membership as soon as posible thanyou verymuch.
    sincerely Fabian P Bartolon.