Kotak Mahindra Bank / exorbitant charges levied on personal loan
I was sanctioned personal loan of Rs450000/- repayable in 60 installments by Kotak Mahindra Bank in Dec 2012(Agreement no SPLN-[protected]). After deduction of processing fee of around 2.5%, the balance amount was transferred into my bank account. After more than a month I received a copy of loan account statement. I was shocked to see that over and above the processing fee of 2.5%, the bank had also added additional charges of Credit Administration charges of Rs15237/- and service charges of Rs10718/-. A Life Insurance Certificate from Kotak Life Insurance covering the amount of loan Rs450000/- was enclosed to my statement of account. The statement of account showed a total outstanding of Rs4, 76, 955/-.
While the processing fees of 2.5% charged by the bank is more or less standard practice, the charging of Rs26000/- over and above the processing fee under the heads of credit administration charges (Rs 15237/-) and Service Charges(Rs10718/-) is totally unjustified. Total charges by the bank of Rs40000/- for granting me the loan which is exorbitant. I tried to contact the bank staff on phone and in person by visiting their Sohrab Hall branch in Pune were futile. The bank site clearly mentions that no credit administration fee is charged by the bank whereas in my case a very high amount of Rs15237/- was charged. The bank is requested to not charge me the same.
More Kotak Mahindra Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - employee treatment 
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - unfair treatment of a savings bank account by kotak mahindra bank 
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - car loan account closure 
- Kotak Super Advantage - wrong promises/misselling 
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - false commitments and hefty charges 
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - emi recovery
- Kotak Bank - abuse by kotak employee 
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - cheated and charged very high rate of interest 
- Kotak Mahindra Bank - personal loan is sanctioned but yet is delayed without any reason
- Kotak - ultimatum issue by devon bandary to close kotak savings account or else they will close it with out my consent forcefully