Kiwi Carpet Cleaning / run away from this company

Having cleaned carpets professionally, I am ashamed of myself for not doing my homework on this one. In a nutshell, their method of cleaning carpets is almost funny. They spray a mist of "cleaner" with a squirt bottle on the carpet and then use a buffering pad called a bonnet that spins in circles to "extract" the dirt. That is the same train of thought as squirting cleaner on a soiled shirt and rubbing it in and calling the shirt clean. Thinking your shirt is clean using the method explained previously is akin to believing your carpets are cleaner after Kiwi Carpet Cleaning gives you the bill. Just looking at the physics, there is very little extraction if any taking place with the bonnet because the friction of the pad will cause the emulsified dirt to burro back into the carpet. If anything you are just pushing the dirt farther into the carpet which will leave the same smell once the perfumes evaporate. If you value your money and sanity at all, please do not walk but run away from this company.

Va

Comments

• Ji
      13th of Jul, 2010

I agree, Kiwi is a pathetic joke. The carpets looked a little better, but the high traffic areas looked about the same as before. The upshot is there is no way spinning a dingy gray pad over spritz of mist is going to clean carpet. It only grinds the dirt down deeper. The "citrus" odor was so strong that the next day I had to borrow my sister's Bissell wet vac to get it out. (The complaint manager admitted the solution "had been mixed too strong") I used only hot water, which was very dirty when I drained the machine. So much for the spinning little bonnet cleaning my carpet. I also had three pieces of furniture cleaned with the same mediocre results. The complaint manager offered to send the same two guys back that spent a total of two hours acting like they actually cleaned something, but we declined as we didn't want to make things any worse. Once again there is simply no way a spinning piece of dingy cloth is going clean anything. In the end this joke of a job cost us $667.00. What a ripoff!

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this extremely costly and useless service.

11th of Dec, 2010

Oh how I wish I had looked this company up before I called them. The first guy came out totally unprepared to clean the stairs: he did not have any solution mixed up, was trying to use a 1960's vacuum cleaner to vacuum stairs, had the nerve to tell me my little dustbuster was useless on the carpeted stairs (ya think), made a mess on the baseboards, stairwell walls and the bamboo wood floors where they meet the carpeting. He also missed some spots on the landings and the halls. When I called to complain, they offered to send another tech out to redo the stairs and offered me free teflon on the stairs. The second guy was a little more prepared, had a different smelling solution (actually green i think) but still did not have anything to vacuum stairs. Even tho they deny it, these are independent contractors, they are not employees. If they were, they would all be using the same equipment (vacuums, buffers, etc) and the same solution. DO NOT USE THEM, Stanley Steamer was a few dollars more and from experience would have done a much much better job.