Kitchenaid / dishwasher
We've had this dishwasher and have been using it since summer of '03. It is a stainless inside and out, with the hidden controls. It's either top of the line kitchen aid or just below, either way we spent a lot of money and this is what we got.
1- Does not wash dishes well. The dishes have to practically be clean before we put them into the dishwasher. My husband calls it the sanitizer.
2- We've had two different sets of dishes now and have experienced a hard time fitting the dishes in the dishwasher well. Yes, the top shelf is adjustable, but that does not make a difference. We especially have had a hard time with bowls and stem ware.
3- We have been through 3 pumps and motors. They have broken each year/year and a half since we installed and started use. Mind you, there have only been three of us in our family till just recently and my husband is gone quite a bit. So, it's not like it gets the same usage as say, a five person family with older children.
4- Kitchen aid customer service is poor. They could give us no reason for the repetitive breaks and clearly seemed not to care much. I asked them what they would do should this pump and motor break again, since they are no longer under warranty. They said, nothing, unless I purchased a new warranty. Obviously Kitchen aid is more concerned about making money than making products that last and keeping customers.
If we purchase a new dishwasher soon, I will not buy another Kitchen aid. Actually, I'm so disappointed I won't purchase any Kitchen aid products.
More Kitchenaid Complaints & Reviews
- Kitchenaid - us refrigerators sucks 
- KitchenAid - rebate scam 
- Kitchen Aid Crock Pot - cracked crock (inner pot) 
- Kitchenaid Dishwasher - faulty design 
- A & E Appliance Repair / Kitchen Aid - 4-attempts to repair a refrigerator - no shows 
- Kitchenaid - stand mixer
- Kitchenaid - range top oven and microwave
- Kitchenaid - bankofamerica debit card
- Kitchenaid - repeated unresolved issue
- Kitchenaid - our refrigerator and your lack of customer service