KitchenAid / dishwasher

1 3213 East Balmoral Drive3213 Balmoral Dr, United States Review updated:
Phone: 801-789-5678

We've had this dishwasher and have been using it since summer of '03. It is a stainless inside and out, with the hidden controls. It's either top of the line kitchen aid or just below, either way we spent a lot of money and this is what we got.
1- Does not wash dishes well. The dishes have to practically be clean before we put them into the dishwasher. My husband calls it the sanitizer.
2- We've had two different sets of dishes now and have experienced a hard time fitting the dishes in the dishwasher well. Yes, the top shelf is adjustable, but that does not make a difference. We especially have had a hard time with bowls and stem ware.
3- We have been through 3 pumps and motors. They have broken each year/year and a half since we installed and started use. Mind you, there have only been three of us in our family till just recently and my husband is gone quite a bit. So, it's not like it gets the same usage as say, a five person family with older children.
4- Kitchen aid customer service is poor. They could give us no reason for the repetitive breaks and clearly seemed not to care much. I asked them what they would do should this pump and motor break again, since they are no longer under warranty. They said, nothing, unless I purchased a new warranty. Obviously Kitchen aid is more concerned about making money than making products that last and keeping customers.

If we purchase a new dishwasher soon, I will not buy another Kitchen aid. Actually, I'm so disappointed I won't purchase any Kitchen aid products.

Comments

• Al
      16th of Feb, 2009

Our KitchenAid dishwasher was installed in our house built in '01. We are having similar problems, we have had the pump, control panel, heating element, and motor replaced but the unit still doesn't work. KitchenAid customer service is basically useless. I agree with you, I will probably never purchase another KitchenAid product either.

• Lu
      17th of Jun, 2010

Purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher model numberKUDCO3ITBL2 March 2008. I had to have it serviced tech says needs a new key pad part and installation is $300.00. My previous KitchenAid dishwasher lasted 14 years without any servicing. What happened to KitchenAid?