Keranique

Posted:

anyone had any dealings with them?

3.1
Atlantic Coast Media Group
I had severe hair loss and to this day am unsure of the reason why. I had long hair down my back, for 8 months my hair wouldn't stop falling out. Out of total frustration, i went to the barber and had them cut it in a bob length. It went from thick to thin and long to short!

This year 2010, my husband ordered a 3 month supply of a keranique packet for me. I was upset because it cost $160. 00

After the 1st month there was a noticeable difference in my hair concerning length, thickness and strength. The shampoo and conditioner used together worked wonders for my hair! In about 2 weeks, i will be just finishing up the product and i will definitely order so more!

Oh, and i did kiss my husband for making such a wise choice. :)

I can email you before and after pictures if interesting in seeing my personal and truly amazing results. Carladesean@yahoo.Com
Complaint comments Comments (125) Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Beauty

Comments

N  7th of Mar, 2011 by     Best Advice +10 Votes
I had called the 1-800 number to get the "free trial" for my aunt who is dealing with thinning hair. I was unable to reach a LIVE person and was reluctant to give my credit card information and hung up. This SCREAMS OUT LOUD - SCAM!!! How would you ever cancel your order(s) if you couldn't speak with a live person???
N  7th of Mar, 2011 by    +8 Votes
Why would you order something if you can't reach a LIVE person when you are calling for the FIRST time? Doesn't the bell go off inside saying...something just isn't right here? My wife wanted to get this shtuff cause she thought it'd work. I understand her, and all of you ladies' desperation to get your hair back. But that's what these corporations play on...YOUR DESPERATION. I feel so bad for all you beautiful women who are battling with thinning hair. But I'll tell you this story. My wife LOVES and drinks 3-5 cups of coffee a day. I bet my wife that if she would stop drinking coffee for 3 months, I would take her on a cruise. I hate cruises, she loves them. Has been dying for yrs for me to take her on one. Well that was the bet. Why did I make this bet??? Well, I just had this feeling that all the daily caffeine was adding to the hair loss. Well she took me up on the bet, and sure enough, after about a month I cld tell her hair was getting thicker. I mean it was noticeable. Now, she was still cheating with the coffee here and there, but I didn't hold it against her. She was battling some serious headaches from the caffeine drop in her body, so I didn't care. I just wanted to see if her hair would get thicker. She herself started to notice a diff in her hair in week 3. Now don't get me wrong, her hair doesn't look like it did when she was 18 LOL (she's 37 now) BUT, her hair has definitely gotten thicker and stronger and healthier. So I'd like to know how many of you ladies are coffee drinkers, and if so, if you'd try what I had my wife do? If you do try, let everyone else know if you've noticed a difference. In any case, we're cruising the Carib this coming fall. That was a bet I was happy to lose. = ) Good luck to all of you ladies out there battling this. Remember this though...Beauty is NOT defined by how you look on the outside, but rather by the person you are on the inside. The inner beauty in all of you is well apparant just in your posts. (((((((((((((Hugs to you all)))))))))))
N  6th of Jan, 2011 by    +5 Votes
To Vickie:
Not sure if this will help you but the reaction you are having is from the minoxidil. The warnings on this product scared me so I used the follicle booster instead. The shampoo, conditioner, and follicle booster should not cause these side effects. I just read reviews on the other product they sell which is Hydroxatone. Those reviews were filled with people saying what a difficult time they were having getting their money back or even getting anyone to answer the phone, so that's a little scary. I do know that if you used a debit card, you can cancel the card, have a new one with different number issued and they can't bill you any further. If you used a credit card, you will have to call your credit card company and have them dispute the charges every time they make a charge. Hope this helps some and good luck.
N  14th of Jan, 2011 by    +5 Votes
Wen i called for the risk free trial, they didnt tell me that before 30 days i have to call them and tell them how i liked the product. A month later they charged me $76.00 and made my account overdraft, they also told me the next month after i owe them another $76.00. They didnt even contact me to let me know that the money was taken out of my account. Also they didnt even refund me my money wen I told them my situation. I wasnt pleased at all with the service of this company. They have no sympathy for customers and the product is a rip off. They are just money hungry, the product is not even worth how much they charge you. I will never deal with this company again.
A  17th of Jan, 2011 by    +5 Votes
This company is a fraud for those people that tried and wasn't happy with the results. I too was a victim of this product and they charged my debit card $79.00 after I called twice left messages on their voicemail before the time alloted to cancel the trial offer. I do believe that their answering service is just that a pre- recorded service and no one is on the other side only to withdraw the funds and ship out the products, no customer service personell to assist the dis-satisfied customers. Other than we cancelling our debit cards before that is done I will contact my bank and get them involved to try and dispute with my documentations (e-mails and date and times in which the phone calls were made even through phone records)
N  22nd of Mar, 2011 by    +5 Votes
Trying the product Now! I have High hopes aside from all the negative feedback. I just received my free trial($7.95) yesterday and washed, conditioned, & used the treatment last nite. I understand that race & age plays a major part as with almost everything. Each individual is different. I'll update you guys in a matter of days. Oh & due to some feedback I went on and had a new card issued to me so that if I choose to continue I can at my own timing. And if so I'll use a prepaid Visa/Mastercard ;0) So they got their $7.95 and nothing else!!! (Hint to all that tries)
N  5th of Jan, 2011 by    +4 Votes
I started using Keranique little over 3 weeks ago. After only a couple of uses I was having problems with wieght gain & swelling. Within 2 1/2 wks. I had Dr. app. for something else & was +20lbs. Dr. said if something doesnt change fast we will run some test. After 3rd week & racking my brains & going crazy cause I felt so uncomfortable cause nothing fit, I realized I read something in the pamphlet when I recieved Keranique. It read: Stop use & ask a Dr. if: chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness or dizziness-sudden unexplained weight gain occurs-hands or feet swell-scalp irriration or redness occurs! I had all these to extreme of 20lbs. in 2wks. I have not used since 5 days ago & the swelling is gone, but I'm unsure of the terrible pain I'm having in my liver area. Now I've been trying to reach someone to return product & so far no luck. I can not pay for something that has made me sick, hair or no hair. Can anyone help me? Vickie
N  27th of Feb, 2011 by    +4 Votes
I recently ordered Keranique. The one question that I have is... "Can I continue to perm my hair while using Keranique?"
A  20th of Dec, 2010 by    +3 Votes
I started using Keranique about a week ago. I have several strikes against me for hair loss. For me, first, it is hereditary. Second, I have been abusing my hair (coloring, perming, etc.) since I was in my 20's (now 46). Last year, I put extensions in my hair which did a real number on it. They broke my hair off like crazy and also I was using the nuvaring birth control which can also cause hair loss. So, I decided to try Keranique. It's not quite been a week yet and I swear it's grown a little. Not to mention, it seems fuller and I have stopped using all my volumizing products because it's fuller and very shiny. I plan, at this point to keep using it.
N  8th of Mar, 2011 by    +3 Votes
Okay, I just visited the webiste for Keranique and actually spoke with a LIVE person...WOW, that was a shocker! I noticed on the radio commercial they stated that Keranique is FDA approved...this is FALSE information - I am unable to find any documentation to support that.

It was very interesting when I spoke with the customer service rep, he told me this story about his "girl friend" who was battling hair loss and after just one month of using the product her hair had returned to "normal" and she has not continued use of the product after that. I asked him if the product was FDA approved and he stated it was NOT. He said that all the ingredients are "natural" so there is no need for an FDA approval. I don't know if I buy any of the CRAP he's dishing out...

Good luck to all you ladies that have or are thinking about dealing with this company...
N  15th of Sep, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I haven' t bought their products, yet because it IS off of TV, is reported to be so expensive AND because their hair treatment is made with 2% Minoxidil, it seems I could go to the drug store & get the same exact thing for FAR less. Many of these so-called, "free" offers with little to no way to return them on TV when you realize the "freebie" is nothing more than a loss-leader into buying ridiculously over-priced products that have your credit card number & often have so-called, "easy return policies", yet then will continue to keep billing you & sending you their wildly over-priced & often substandard products (Again, I haven't even called their phone number, yet did go to their web site & it looks MUCH like another I saw for teeth whitening that I ordered online, that later kept billing me, there was a return number, yet it had been disconnected, etc.)

If you want to use a product with 2% Minoxidil, you can get them at your local drug store w/ some shampoo with antioxidants, also available in any drug store (& the fancier, really great ones are still less & can be bought & BTW returned through legitimate places, which I really like, is expensive, but have great reviews & is not $200, not even for the entire kit of their best, and there are plenty of great reviews!)

This just seems like another "buyer beware" to me! I've had to go through a LOT of things through my bank for a place that hauntingly looks all to familiar to this. There is NO price given to you when you go to their web site & none on the TV ad! That should be a red flag right there!

Also, no MSDSs for this product, which are required for all products, esp. those making claims that they are FDA APPROVED!

There is also no size listed at all!

Also, with no reviews, an unknown company, would you give some new, unknown company a credit card when you are already seeing that a month or two supply is going to be over $200 for something that is described much like brands I see in convenience stores & the local drug stores & add a treatment w/ 2% minoxidil, also available at local drug & department stores.

A 3-MONTH supply of a 2% minoxidil product at a drug store, or through a reputable online dealer is roughly $15-35. Add a great shampoo & conditioner with antioxidants and a good anti-frizz serum for another $20-50 & you should be in better shape AND have the same, if not better results!

You should also know what minoxidil is for & be sure you need it! Checking with your health care provider to rule out causes other than age-related hair loss (also called androgenetic allopecia). For example, if you have a thyroid disorder creating your hair loss, you could waste a LOT of time & money.

There are many causes of hair loss & not all of them respond to Minoxidil!
Sufficient iron & amino acids, such as Lysine can make a huge change, are inexpensive & with time, work wonders! These two nutrients, according to some studies, are responsible for up to 90% of women's hair loss!

It is best to check with your health care professional, or at the very least educate yourself, on the reasons for your particular hair loss before randomly buying products! The $200+ for this product will be more than paid for by checking first to find the reason for your hair loss! Often, balancing hormones, eating right & perhaps adding some supplements to your diet (certain amino acids, vitamin B6, herbs like saw palmetto and green tea, minerals such as zinc, etc. in the right balanced doses can all help, yet only if you need them.) Balance is the key!

There are no quick fixes & the $200+ I saw on a prior & positive review may seem wonderful, yet if you aren't loosing hair because of something to do with minoxidil, then you just wasted some time & money...

Best to know WHY you have hair loss before just going out and spending a bunch of time & money to find out that this product may not what you need. Again, best to check with your health care professional before getting into any of this stuff.
D  30th of Jan, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I used Hydroxatone for skin health, then called to cancel. My skin and pores are pretty good for being 61, but nothing works miracles. Anyhow, when I called, I spoke to a person, and was able to cancel with no hassle.
Minoxidil is for use by men...warnings all over the place say that it's just for men. Maybe that's the weight gain problem for women.
Maybe I'll try the Keronique...I haven't decided yet.
N  21st of Feb, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I haven't gotten Keranique in the mail yet, but I just ordered my free trial and was charged $99.00 for it. I'd better see some serious results because so far, I am furious about the underhanded 'free trial' scam. Hope it works.
N  3rd of Apr, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I've dealt with this company and I don't know what the problem is. I'll admit when ordering the "free" trail I got bent. It went from Kerinique to this product, that product and the other. But I recieved a phone call a few days later from a rep confirming my order. When my product arrived, I called them, I got a human, WOOHOO! Anyway, we spoke for a while, he was very helpful in answering my questions and after a while I was able to change my order status from auto to whenever I called in to order. The first time I used the product I notice a change, my hair felt softer, not limp. Shinier too. They smell great too! And as for the FDA well that part is true, but only for the monoxidil... which is the ONLY product approved by the FDA for hair growth. I truely feel bad for all you ladies that had such problems, but thus far my experience with this company has been pretty much good. All in all, I'll agree with BettyalwaysReddy, a pre-paid Visa/Mastercard would be the safest and best way to go for all those who want to try but are afraid to.
A  25th of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
i also got ripped off, i order the free trial for 7.95 and at that time i told them that i didn't want to order any more and they said ok. less than 20 days later i saw where they had debited my account 79.95. i called my bank and they credited my account back. Now it has been close to 30 days since the bank credited my account. they said that i needed to provide them with the cancellation number. I have tried on several occasion to call customer service but has never got to speak to a live person. So now the bank is telling me that they were going to pay Keranique the 79.95 since i could not give them the inormation they needed to dispute the charge.T o make matter even worse I have not received the second shiment and it did nothing for my hair. I'm still fighting with my on charging my account back the 79.95> I will never go for the free trial scam again.
aeh...charlotte, nc
N  25th of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I received the product and both bottles appeared to be conditioner even though one was labeled shampoo and one conditioner. Has anyone else had this problem?
D  5th of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I called to return the product BEFORE I opened any of the products because the shampoo, conditioner and another product contained ingredients I was allergic to. The lady was rude and said I should have looked into it more before I ordered. I have trouble reading due to nerve damage in my face which casued the hair loss in the first place, I explained this to them and told them that my spouse had to read the ingredients to me. I asked for a refund of the intial shipping charges and after a run around was told they would since the products had not been opened. I shipped the products back, after a few days no refund, I called customer service AGAIN, no note had been made regarding the refund, again I had to fight to get the refund of the initial shipping charges, I pointed out that it cost me nearly $12 to ship the products back. We will see if they follow through. I am very unhappy with their customer sevice representatives and their attitudes. They are snotty, hateful, disrespectful and very unhelpful. refunding the initial shipping is little to ask when returning UNUSED, UNOPENED product and treating customers with disrepect due to a disability is highly disrespectful! I don't recommend this company to ANYONE based on their customer service, they are out to get their money and do not give a flip about the customer.
N  7th of Aug, 2012 by    +2 Votes
I have not tried the product however for HSN's Today's Special Value (8-7-2012) they have several versions of this product. I decided to look up some reviews to see if I should order it. HSN is a reputable company that I've never had a problem with and can speak to a live person at anytime. If you want to try the product I would order it through them.
A  30th of Mar, 2013 by    +2 Votes
I am sitting here watching a TV show and almost each commercial is for Keranique. They have progressively lulled you into a free trial and promise such great results. No where do they state that there could be any other side effect than more glorious hair. There are many reasons for hair loss. Poor diet, thyroid, diabetes, vitamin deficiency and stress. Many more underlying health conditions can cause hair loss too. Coffee or caffeine has also been lined to hair loss. So has over shampooing. I would see a dietician or a physician to see if I had some other health issue before trying something which has the capacity to cause so many dangerous side effects. I am glad there is this forum to check this product out before I too jumped on the band wagon to hell.
A  14th of Aug, 2013 by    +2 Votes
I bought Keranique because my hair is thinning. I have used it for over a month, and my hair is now thinned out beyond belief. You can now see right down to my scalp. It started falling out BY THE HANDFUL within a week of usage. It's the Minoxidil that keeps hair from falling out, but you have to apply it to your scalp TWICE A DAY, and those of us with dry, thinning hair have learned that daily washing is a bad idea. Keranique also takes about five weeks before it starts working. I feel really screwed and deceived by this company.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree