Keiser University / unauthorized billing!
My fiance signed up for Keiser College. They said that they walked him through the entire admissions, registration, financial aid, etc processes. When it came closer for school to start, we found that he could only get loans totaling the tuition. He was actually turned down for 2 different general student loans normally used to cover living expenses (we still haven't been able to find out why). We weren't sure if we could afford it, but tried to make a go of it. We found that he simply couldn't work full time and go to school full time. After he finished his first class (I think this was one month into his first semester) he tried to withdraw. They told him that there is no withdrawal and that he would be charged for an entire semester. My finance called his lender, who said they would be happy to reverse everything (likely he'd still have to pay the origination fees) but Keiser won't give them the money back. I'd never heard of a school doing this so he's tried talking to everyone up to the Provost. Keiser had no interest in making sure he could afford to go to school. They worked with him until he'd garnered enough loans to cover their expenses, then they handed him some websites and walked away. Can they do this? Hold his loans hostage and charge the $14, 000 after only one class? I haven't been able to find anything on their site with any numbers-even on tuition estimates or withdrawal policies!!!
More Keiser University Complaints & Reviews
- Keiser University - financial aid scam! 
- Keiser University - misleading students! 
- Keiser University - nursing program 
- Keiser University - Sarasota - fraudulent fees / tuitions 
- Keiser University - scam 
- Keiser University - unprofessional/ scam
- Keiser University - harassment calls
- Keiser University - signed me up and forgot about me 
- Keiser University - unethical behavior
- Keiser University - financial fraud