Kars 4 Kids / Donatecar.com / Poor service!

We had a truck that we wanted to donate since it was still running, but we no longer needed it. I got online to find places that took vehicles as donations (expecting to write off it's value). DonateCars.com stated that they gave the money for donated vehicles to Kars-4-Kids. Good charity, I thought. They also told me I could write off the blue book value of the vehicle and I would also receive a voucher for 3 days 2 nights vacation. They came and got my vehicle, reassured me that they would send me a receipt for the blue book value of the vehicle ($1965) as well as this great vacation voucher. Received receipt for vehicle stating that I could claim $500 for the vehicle and the vacation voucher was through World Wide Travel Center (numerous complaints online about this company as well). I'm now wondering if my donated vehicle isn't being driven by one of their employees who got the car for free and if any money actually went to help kids at all. I know the vacation voucher is useless, but basically in my kindness, I've lost $1465, probably more since the tires were new. Beware and when in doubt, sell the vehicle rather than donate it or do more research about who you donate too.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Me
      29th of May, 2014

I just want to say.. that i dont like seeing any of this blasted online for the world to see soo watchoutfool or since you cant post who you really are .. just think about whos lives this involves and who feelings are being hurt.. i was actually question about this blog.. which i had no clue about it till i googled looking for it. but whoever you are please do what god would want us to do.. please.

• Di
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Kars4Kids - Charity

After one month of empty promises and miss leading statements cancelled all together, awful charity.