Kaplan University / tryin to get me for money!!!

1 200 South Union StreetGood Hope, IL, United States Review updated:

I had applied for college online classes through Kaplan University and was approved quickly!! After I got started, the classes were so demanding that I wanted to quit and go to a local college. THEY were so MAD!!! Tried to talk me into staying for the first ten weeks, gave me the quilt trip, claimed that I had to wait so much time to get my balance due...yeah right!! I personally called the Bank of America and quickly cancelled my loans because Kaplan stated that it was going to take 30-60 days before they could give me a balance-yeah wanted to get my loan money that I would have to pay back! Then I called them back and they said I had to wait 20 days and call for a balance. Just today I heard of this site and I quickly sent them an email and told them that I saw their name on this list and I wasn't going to pay JACK!!! For 2 weeks they were going to make me pay almost $1000.00!! I'm a single mother-they can think again, I'm not stupid!! Nice try Kaplan! I couldn't ever get anyone when I called and everyone I talked to had a different story-imagine that!!

Gd

Comments

• Ms
      19th of Jun, 2009

I AM SO HAPPY I SAW THESE COMMENTS. I WAS THINKING ABOUT ENROLLING WITH KAPLAN BUT, IF THEY'RE GOING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF I DONT WANT ANY PART OF IT.I SEE MOSTLY ITS ABOUT FINANCIAL AID PROBLEMS, SO AT LEAST THE ACADEMIA PART IS FINE. I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD TELL CURRENT & AS WELL AS PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS THE TUITION RATE. THIS ISNT FAIR TO ANYONE! PEOPLE HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES, PRIORITIES, & ETC. KAPLAN NEEDS TO LET EVERYONE KNOW UP FRONT WHAT THE BUSINESS IS.IM ALMOSTED FINISHED WITH MY A.S. IN PARALEGAL STUDIES I WANTED TO OBTAIN MY B.A. IN LEGAL STUDIES & THEN MAYBE ONE DAY I MIGHT WANT TO ATTEND AN ACCREDITATED LAW SCHOOL.BUT IM GLAD I DIDNT GET INTO ANY OF THIS FOOLISHNESS! THE SCHOOL I ATTEND ITS ONLY $78.50 PER CREDIT HOUR SO IF YOU LIVE IN THE BROWARD OR DADE COUNTY AREA I SUGGEST YOU GO TO MIAMI-DADE COLLEGE OR BROWARD COLLEGE THAT WAY YOU'LL GET MORE BANG FOR BUCK.AND NOT GET PLAYED FOR FINANCIAL RESOURCES. ITS A RECESSION THATS WHY WE'RE TRYING TO ENROLL IN COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TO BETTER OURSELVES & MAKE MORE MONEY BUT, IF THINGS LIKE THESE ARE GOING TO BE GOING ON WHY GO? YOU DONT WNAT TO BE STUCK OWING OVER $45, 000 AFTER YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE IN FINANCIAL FREEDOM. GIRL GOOD LUCK IN YOUR STUDIES I WISH YOU THE BEST!! FROM MS.GUCCI

• Ke
      3rd of Jan, 2010

There is a separate body of law that governs public and private universities where students received financial aids. Generally, if a student disenrolls or was disenrolled, the school loses the federal aids money. In reading this comment and other comments posted on this site, Kaplan may have engaged in some unscrupulous business practices. Most consumer law attorneys will take a look at the case, on a contingency basis, and investigate as to cause of action.

Kenneth