Kaplan University — financial aide and advising
I have contacted both departments numerous times, each semester. Each time I was assured my financing was in order, I would have enough money. Then I look and it says I owe $1700+. I call back in and they say I'm out of money and I was given misleading information last time. Now tack on an extra $2000 for my final class and I owe about $3900! They are holding my degree until I find $3900, which I need to submit to law school in the fall!
I am a single mom of 5 who works a full time job, part time job, CASA volunteer an trying to finish college!
Kaplan just preys on people who have no other choice but to go to this "university".
I was told that they would give me a $3000 grant and I would have to pay rest. I asked for it all to be forgiven/scholarship/grant (which they do ALLL the time for people!). I never heard back and no am told that conversation was never recorded or documented!
What I am suppose to do?
More Kaplan University Complaints & Reviews
- Kaplan University - scam charges! 
- Kaplan University - financial aid student loans 
- Kaplan University Financial Aid Department - laon disperments 
- Kaplan University - fraudulent practices, liars and thieves 
- Kaplan University - fraud and cheating 
- Kaplan University - balance due 
- Kaplan University - advisors 
- Kaplan University - they just want your money 
- Kaplan University Online - do not enroll!!! 
- Kaplan University - Stipends, Instructor compentency and employee ethics