Kanes Furniture / Poor customer service

United States Review updated:
Kanes Furniture
I am writing to you to express our deep dissatisfaction with your company�s handling of our customer service needs.

Several years ago we purchased a wall unit from your store in Ocoee, Florida, before the Thanksgiving holiday. After three delivery attempts were made due to cracked wood and broken glass we finally received the furniture we had been expecting with the first delivery (of course our holiday was a disaster as items were stacked in our house waiting to be placed into the wall unit). I vowed never to shop at Kane�s again.

However, we recently purchased a larger home and have several rooms to furnish. My wife seeing a sale at your store convinced me to shop. We selected a dining room set, opened a Kane�s credit card and purchased a complete set with buffet and hutch to be delivered the following week. The sales person and store manager assured us that the problems like I had in the past with the delivery had been corrected and life would be wonderful.

We were the first delivery of the day on that first Saturday (Feb. 21st) and the two gentlemen arrived by 7:15 a.m. The chairs did not, however, come bubble wrapped as the store sales manager insisted they should. I also discovered that since the cushions had to be removed to be sprayed with the stain protection, that when they were screwed back in the holes were stripped. I had to replace the screws in the three of the six chairs. We discovered this because a screw fell out of one of them. I went to Lowe�s and had to purchase larger screws to correct the problem of the stripped holes. I had to replace a total of 14 screws. When we inspected all of the furniture we discovered that the hutch had a small nick in the wood. We called the store and arranged on the following Saturday (Feb. 28th) to have the service person come out to repair the hutch.

When this gentleman arrived we showed him the nick on the hutch. He said he had 23 years experience and to leave it to him. He would inspect all the furniture and fix what was needed. When he left there was over-spray on the glass of the hutch, which I had to remove myself. My wife had to cleaned up stain drops that were left on our tile floor. The touch up on the hutch looked worse that it had before because too much epoxy was

used and you could see the lump. He attempted to fix two of the chairs (why? I don�t know). On one you could see where he had sanded and retouched with the color of the wood and on the other chair he had sanded it to the bare wood and forgotten to touch it up. I�m not impressed with his 23 years of experience.

We called the Kane�s store again and now were set for our third Saturday (March 7th) in a row to receive a new hutch and two chairs. They arrived. The hutch was fine but one of the chair legs had a cracks in the two front legs. So we knew we needed that replaced again. Everything was great but when they attempted to lift our old hutch off the buffet one of the delivery gentleman scratched our buffet top as he shifted the hutch to get a better grip. We stood there and watched the younger man struggling with the hutch. It was too heavy and he slid it along the buffet until he could get a better grip. The driver apologized and got on the phone to report the incident and make arrangements for us to now receive a new buffet. We actually had plans for the following Saturday. I don�t know about you but wasting four Saturday�s in a row on Kane�s inept staff is too much. I agreed to take Wednesday (March 11th) off and asked if I could be the first delivery so I would not miss an entire day of work for this.

At this point I called the Kane�s store again to explain out latest development and asked if I could be placed for the first delivery of the day, on Wednesday. The sales manager told me, �no, that would not possible as the warehouse routes the deliveries�. I told him that this would be the fourth attempt to correct the problems we had experienced. He said there was nothing he could do. I told him I wanted to be compensated for my time because this was ridiculous and at this point a waste of my time. He said he could give me a $100.00 store credit. Why? So I can be frustrated and hassled some more? You can�t get this order right what makes him think I want to spend more money in his store? I told him I was ready to send it all back and he told me yes, we can arrange for a pick up.

If any store deserves to go out of business Kane�s does for their lack of customer service. (All of this unnecessary damage to the furniture was caused by Kane�s employees.) As an FYI, neither delivery group attached the foam to the bottom of the hutch that was supplied with the furniture before it was placed on top of the buffet. This might have prevented the damages that were caused to the hutch during delivery. If we had known all this would have happened we would never have requested that the furniture be touched up. Your store is more willing to pick up our furniture than it is to correct the problem and make a customer happy. My wife was eyeing living room and dinette sets already and now we will never step foot into your store ever again. We are scheduled to have our furniture picked up and our purchase fully refunded. I am flabbergasted at your lack of concern.

I appreciate your attention to this matter. I will be submitting this letter to be posted on the web-site www.complaints.com to be included with the rest of the letters already posted. Our shopping experience was great but you really need to fix the follow through after the customer leaves the store.

N  8th of Oct, 2011 by
kanes furniture employs crackheads and alcoholics for instance Dennis Williams a homeless bum
A  11th of Feb, 2012 by
Please do not go to Kanes Furniture and purchase anything. They have Defective products and Kanes doesn't stand behind their products.. Don't waste your money

Kane's Furniture Logo Kane's Furniture