Kanata Ford / taken for a ride

1 Kanata, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

June 10th I took my car to Kanata Ford for service and maintenance because of a clunking noise in the front end and pulsating and vibration when the brakes are applied after brief periods of driving. I also requested an oil change and the car desperately needed a tune up. I specifically communicated the front end issues and requested my front rotors and pads be replaced as I already knew there is an issue with the calipers and my rotors are warped hence the pulsating and vibration. My initial complaint about the front brakes does not even appear on the invoice. Before leaving my car I advised them to do an oil change, tune up, complete inspection to find the source of the front end clunking noise and to replace the front brakes, but NOT to touch the back brakes. The front driver side brake pad shows more wear than the passenger side pad a further indication there is an issue with the calipers/rotors, but yet the front brakes passed inspection and it was also indicated on the inspection report the back brakes showed normal wear and passed the inspection. I was also informed my hubs were rusted and needed servicing or they may seize. I was led to believe this was necessary and should be done and would cost me extra. Since when does performing a hub service constitute as permission to replace the back rotors and pads??? I specifically communicated from the start I did not want the back brakes serviced. If this wasn’t bad enough when they did the oil change the oil filter wasn't even screwed all the way in and had to be tightened and they didn't even completely refill the oil as the dipstick shows the oil is at the add level. I was charged almost $2, 000 for them to replace perfectly good parts and not fix my initial concern. I should have learned from my last bad experience with Kanata Ford and taken my business elsewhere. I hate to think being a woman makes me an easy target. One extremely frustrated and dissatisfied customer.

Cr
Jun 13, 2013

Comments

• Cr
      17th of Jun, 2013

I would like to add to my earlier complaints concerning Kanata Ford and to set the record straight.
    Sometimes mistakes may happen and misunderstandings can occur, but the folks at Kanata Ford were more than willing to make things right.
    Kanata Ford cares about their customers and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure the services they provide are exceptional and are completed to the customers satisfaction.
    A BIG thank you to Jamie Bolton the service manager at Kanata Ford for taking the time to show me what services were performed on my car and for explaining why these services were necessary.
    Jamie also took the time to listen to my concerns about my vehicle, which were not originally addressed the first time and ensured the job was completed to my satisfaction.
    I know I can trust Kanata Ford to provide remarkable service and will definitely be returning to do repeat business with them.