Just Energy / overly aggressive sales practices

Medford, MA, United States Review updated:

This company is sending sales personnel to ring the bell and/or knock on the door of every home in my neighborhood, asking to see which energy supplier we show on the electric bill. When we tell them to leave, they say that another person will just come back again later. We have had them come by twice in the past two weeks. They do not indicate that they are sales personnel and that they are paid by commission.
I am particularly angry because most of the residents on my block are elderly.

Comments

• Ru
      12th of Jul, 2013

I just encountered someone from Just Energy (rang my bell) who spoke in a very thick accent--so thick and so fast that I could barely understand him at all. He went on and on and on--even after I told him I would research it on line and had to go. He just would not leave--he just kept talking, He also had hospital scrub pants on--which gave me pause on who this guy was-seriously, scrubs?. I finally had to raise my voice and ask him to please leave--and I shut the door. I don't mind solicitors to a certain degree, and I am mostly never home during the day--so they are not an issue...however legitimate the company is, the presentation and the demeanor and appearance "smells funny". If they are so great, I'll go on line and look into it. There is no way I show someone a bill or statement that I don't know. It is a somewhat uncomfortable way to do business.