Journey Pass Membership / Didn't cancel membership

1 FL, United States Review updated:

They promised a free gas card if I would look at the material. They billed me on 4/1/09 for postage/handling for $4.95 each ($9.90)for Journey Pass and Valu Pass. When I saw the charges on my bank statement I called the number listed. The same number was used by both companies. I told them to cancel both memberships and they only cancelled the Valu Pass. I saw a new charge from Journey Pass on my bank statement on 4/14/09 for 29.95 and when I call the different numbers from my bank statement and their web site, I have to put in my phone number which they don't recognize so I can't talk to anyone. If I call back and pick a different selection, I am referred to the web site and am not allowed to talk to a real person. So basically I'm going to be charged monthly for a service I'm not using. I can't afford to do that. Please Help Me!

Sincerely, Eileen Davis [protected]

Comments

• St
      8th of Nov, 2008
    Travel - $100 walmart gift card

This scamming company has been charging my credit cad for the past few months. I called and cancelled my so-called members ship and the following month I noticed a seperate charge on a different credit card that I had used to book travel on expedia. I had the confimation number of the cancellation and the cancelled credit card but they shifted to another credit card. Shame on you expedia.

• Na
      12th of Mar, 2009
    Universal Action Travel
    London
    Ontario
    Canada

They have offered a Vacation Package to me and before i go ahead i want to know if anyone have heard or dealt with them. Are they reliable.

Thank you.

• Dw
      12th of May, 2009

This company is scamming people out of their money, there is no such thing as canceling with their automated system so I decided to look further into. What I discovered is that this company Journey Pass is really called Global Travel International is all a gimmick.
    If you need to cancel you membership like I did then you need to call 407-660-7800. What they will ask you if you have a confirmation # of your cancellation and you should reply no because they automated system spit the number out so fast their no way to write the number down (and they know that). I hope this information helps the thousands of people experiencing this odd ordeal. Last but not least this company did figure I would Google them online to get the real scoop on them boy were they wrong. Now it’s your turn to play them. Good luck!

Sincerely,
    Dwayne M.

• Fr
      12th of May, 2009

So did you get any of the free stuff i just got called and agreed to all terms
    what advise do you give me.

francisco

• Sh
      14th of May, 2009

they do not give you free stuff and that take you money. and continue to bill you. such a rip off.

• Lo
      20th of May, 2009

They just called me and offered me a free vacation. When they asked for my credit card number to charge shipping and handling, I told them they were crazy. I would never give that out to someone on the phone that called me. Then I googled them and found this page. They went by the name Journey Pass. I told the guy to not send me anything and hung up on him. He said Journey Pass is located in Maitland, Florida and his name was Jay Harma. Someone needs to stop these guys!

20th of May, 2009

how do you speak to a live person? is there a number that i can reach someone at? any luck?
    i looked on my caller id and conveniently it was unknown. if its not a scam, why make ur number unknown?

anyone? answers?

• Nd
      21st of May, 2009

Just got the same call. Some chick that I could not even understand. She said she was in Florida and we got a free vacation from one of their marketing partners. She also said that she would give us a free gas card, it would only cost $2.99 shipping. I was googling as she talked and found this and said no thanks and hung up. A number came up on my call display 685-412-5468.

• Wh
      4th of Jun, 2009

ya, i just got told wo write this down

Walmart international
    Group of journey pass
    Frank c110
    www.journeypass.com

2600 lake dr street 201
    Maitland fl 32571
    and all i have to do is pay 5.90 to any usps office AFTER i get all my stuff, for my free wal mart vacation. He said I have one year to book and use it and when he asked for my 16 digit cred it card number I said i didn't want to give him that over the phone. He said the numbers are just a confermation and don't mean anything...what in the world! My credit card numbers don't mean anything!?!?! I told him we were done he said "okay you don't understand and you don't want to understand" I just hung up, what in the world.

• Kw
      20th of Jun, 2009

Hi, I just checked my checking account and found that even after I "cancelled", and yes I talked to a real person, it still billed me for two months. I am currently trying to figure out how to cancel. If anyone can help, please let me know. I can't afford 60 dollars a month!

• Yo
      26th of Jun, 2009

Yes, they just called me also. When they asked me about my cc#, I've asked them how I can verify who they are.

They told me my previous address, phone number and e-mail. Also they told me that I bought something in Walmart close to my previous house and that's why I won a free gas card and 3-days vacation.

I asked them about supervisor (his name is Rudy Jones, him emp.ID is AC006, but he speaks with hindus accent). He didn't provide me in any information to verify who they are and that they really call me from Walmart. I just hanged up my phone.

• To
      28th of Jun, 2009
    Premier Travel
    Tucson
    Arizona

On 6/25/2009 my bank account was debited $15.99 by Premier Travel and I have never dealt with them. I will contact my bank to inform them of the unauthorized charge. I will also contact the Better Business Bureau to report there fraudulent business practice.

• Ra
      30th of Jun, 2009

ITS JUST THERE JOB .THEY CALL FROM THE CALL CENTRE LOCATED IN INDIA. THEY GET MONEY FOR MAKIN FOOLS IN U.S.A...
    ITS THERE JOB PLS PLS DO NOT GIVE THEM NY CARD NUMBERS
    ITS THE REQUEST FROM THE GUY LIVIN IN INDIA. AND ALSO TO THE
    JOURNEY PASS COMPANY TOOOOOO...

PLEASE LOOK AT IT
    IT'S THE GENERAL REQUEST

5th of Jul, 2009

Hi I am sorry to disagree to the above mentioned statement as I have received the packages and got the gasoline voucher and the hotel stay. I am using the Journey pass services whenever I go on my Business trip and it is giving me good returns. I have canceled the Value pass services and am not been charged for that. This guy from a different accent gave me a call but I told him to explain the deal honestly and he did and it makes sense. He even took my CC# to which I didn't had any prob. as my card is password protected. I think they are giving it out to privileged customer who have good SSn scores.

..James Powell Jr

• Mi
      7th of Jul, 2009

Hi! this is Michael Cruz, ,
    and i have recieved the pakages, on time and am also enjoying it very much...
    whereas my cousin also got selected to recieve the vouchers... but due to some technical problem it did'nt reach his place...
    so they called him and asked to wait for a week and they would be able to send the package.
    and yesterday only he recieved it.
    some people are having problems to recieve the gifts because they have not been able to provide the correct address... (like my cousins case)
    so its my request to all of you to provide the correct address and phone no. so that they can contact you...
    its also true that thier no. did'nt flash in my phone...
    it showed an unknown no. bt since i am a professional in a telecom company so i know that when a caller calls through VOIP (voice over internet protocol)
    most of the time it shows an unknown no. just because you cannot call over internet... that's it...
    and they provide you with the customer care toll free numbers in the verification process i guess... so write it down and call them whenever you are having a problem...

• Ef
      12th of Jul, 2009

they called me over 40 times continuously untill i agreed to go through theyre "cancelation" process. Which to me was obviously b.s... At the end the 'manager' gave me my 'confirmation' number and then preceded to tell me to "eat ###". I cancelled my credit card before they could charge me.

• Ef
      12th of Jul, 2009

oops double post. its a scam to keep charging your card.

• Da
      14th of Jul, 2009

itz a scam they charged so much money from one of my friends and he hasn"t recieved a single thng like dat scammers said, and dat man commited suicide coz he was out of idea how to cancel dis craps...and i did some enquiry from one my source working in Federal Bureu and i came to know dat dis scammers are from CALCUTTA, W.B, INDIA...so m looking forward to sue dis company but till then plz be alert...

dale cross

12th of Aug, 2009

I have been scammed many times by these journey pass; valu pass; and Global Travel International!! I have noticed that at 29.95 per pass a month for several months now. Finally, called my bank and they put a hold on the charges but, I also must call my bank's fraud department while I'm at it!! Hopefully, they can retro my monies back from several months and what hurts too are my overdraft fees since these charges pop up in my account without any set pay schedule!!! I hope this would help in opening our eyes to people like these! Its tough enough to go to work each day and make an honest living but for people to take advantage of you...is a horrible feeling and outrageous!!! All these phone numbers to get a hold off...its quite tasking for anyone just to prove that you did not authorize those charges but they sure find a way to scam honest working people!!! Hope this could help to catch those scammers!! God bless them!!! MMD

• Mr
      16th of Sep, 2009

I got signed up with them when applying for some mystery shopping job. I didn't even know that I was being signed up for this stuff! I ended up being charged two charges of $3.95 unexpectedly and it sent me into the negative with my bank. Because it was two separate charges I got charged for two overdraft fees of $37 bucks each! I ended up calling them, and in order to talk to a live person, don't go to the "renew/cancel membership" selection on the phone, instead press 3 and it'll give you the option to listen to an automated menu about your benefits, talk to a live benefits representative, and something else.

Obviously, just talk to the live benefits rep. Mine was very helpful in cancelling my membership and even got me a refund, which I should be expecting back within 3-5 business days.

There's always some way to talk to someone live, just gotta be just as deceptive as they are... Yeah... I wanted to talk about my benefits all right. Good luck in the future guys.