JJ's House / wedding dress unsuitable/no return policy

I purchased a dress from JJ's House and realized the moment I put it on that it was not the design for me. Having limited time I contacted the company via email as per their return policy.

They insisted on a photo of me in the dress. It made me look heavier than I am and was not the right style. I needed to return it and possibly purchase a different style.

Since the issues were not "their fault" their words, they offered me a 20% off coupon for my NEXT PURCHASE and told me to use the dress for another occasion????

yeah, that's what they told me. How many companies do this? If I went to a store and tried on a dress and it was unflattering then I would return it to the rack. This is NOT POSSIBLE with this company

I would HIGHLY recommend going elsewhere

I included the dress I had hanging in my closet that I ended up using. It was a dress from Ross that was modified for the wedding. I didn't think I would look good in a mermaid style dress however, as you can see from the photos that is was a better choice. Had I been given a choice I would have exchanged for a different dress for a different occasion but THAT was not a choice given to me.

Bobi Beverly