Jitterbug Cell Phone / No refund for non-functional service

1 92018Carlsbad, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-733-6632

I bought a Jitterbug cell phone, and called Jitterbug to set it up. It was NON-FUNCTIONAL after they said that the phone was activated. Jitterbug said they were having activation problems. I requested cancellation of service the same day that the phone was purchased, "activated", and non-functional (no service). They said OK. I requested a refund of the "activation" fees of $41.64. Their Agent checked with his supervisor, who approved the refund. NO REFUND of the credit card charges was provided after one month. I then called Jitterbug customer no-service. This Agent was a smart-### woman, who said that no refunds are made after activation, even if the phone has no service after "activation". I SUGGEST THAT YOU CONSIDER AN ALTERNATIVE CELL PHONE COMPANY, SINCE JITTERBUG IS NOT ONLY TECHNICALLY INCOMPETENT, BUT THEIR CUSTOMER NO-SERVICE IS ARROGANT AND COMPLETELY LACKING IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND INTEGRITY AS WELL. KISS YOUR MONEY GOOD BYE.

St

Comments

• St
      19th of Jun, 2008

This complaint regarding poor customer service and lack of a refund was RESOLVED by their management team. I received a credit card refund for the activation charges that they initially said that I would receive, but did not process.

• Ba
      2nd of Aug, 2008

I purchased a jitterbug with contract for 60 minutes a month. I received the phone on a Wednesday.
    By Friday morning, my phone time was reduced by 45 minutes due to unsolicited calls received from telemarketers for employment, from car dealers, etc.
    When I called customer service to send this phone back, they offered me an extended time to keep the phone and would "take me off the telemarkerters list".
    I told him that you should have done that in the first place! I would never recommend this to the Seniors at the Center. It cost me the $35.00 to set up, the $20.00 shipping(I requested overnight...(I was so anxious to get it) and $11.50 to return it.
    It was a costly $66.50 transaction.. My friends will benefit by my mistake. No refund on the start up charge of $35.00 nor the return shipping charge. I am willing to pay the overnight shipping charges.

• Aw
      18th of Jan, 2011

The reps they hire work in three different states, Michigan, Utah and California. The reps from Michigan and Utah don't even work for the company, Great Call. They may have told you there is a contract, but there is no contract. They don't check your credit either, but they do, however, bill in advance. The time they extended you was their "friendly 30 day return policy. they don't tell you that if you use 30 minutes or more, and try to return it, you are billed at .35 a minute. Everything is in fine print. I'm happy you returned that phone.