Jim Laabs Music / Poor service/delivery

1 United States

I purchased a stand up bass for over $2000 on March 3, 2016. Jeff provided excellent customer service. I ordered the bass, a bow and Jeff said he would throw in Rosin. I was told it would be delivered by Jim Laabs van instead of shipping service to protect the instrument. And it would take about 2 weeks. And I would get a 2 day notice of the arrival date and time. I was then told it would arrive late Monday, April 4 or on Tuesday, April 5. I received a phone call stating they would be arriving at 2:30 A.M. and did I have a safe location to place the instrument. I told them I would get up to meet them.

I had garage door open and lights on. The van pulled in at 2:25 a.m. As guy is getting out van, he hands me invoice, then starts tugging at bass that is literally stuffed on top shelf in van. He handed the bag to me and jumped in van and peeled out. He did not ask if I wanted to check it first, if everything ok, nothing...After he left, I noticed splinters of wood stuck in the soft case of the bass; these splinters are from the roof/shelf that it was stuffed into. I had to take tweezers to pull out the splinters. Some are tiny and hard to get out. Jeff also did not include the rosin that he said he would do. That maybe a small item, but the fact he said he would do something and did not follow thru adds to frustration. I also received an invoice in the mail later that day. I called Jeff for him to explain the balance to me. He was rude and abrupt. Nothing like prior to ordering the instrument. I have a complete different view of him and the company after my purchase.

I am not looking for resolution (except maybe my rosin that I was promised) but want other customers to beware of poor service and poor shipping!!

Mu