iYogi / fraud

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Tried to get Avast Antivrus Free as I have done a couple of times before for small personal computer but this time got directed to a site with which I was not fmiliar for it to be downloaded. It was downloaded by iYogi. I paid a fee of $169 to have "full technical support" for one year. It has not been honored. I suspect that somehow iYogi has infected the Avast site, using it as a front to get subscriptions and then doing the download as the benefit for purchasing their service. When I tried to call for support ( I cannot get them on the internet) they did not respond.

Comments

13th of Mar, 2011

The Service is ### off. I searched for Mcafee support from google, i don't know how i got connected to iyogi. They said that there is a virus in my computer and they said it will cost $399.99, they placed me on hold they gave me a discount of $100 again they placed my call on hold, this time they gave me $130 of discount... i disconnected the call. Then i thought i will go for Norton instead of Mcafee again i got connected to them... i will call again this time i will record the call and i will mail to norton, mcafee, microsoft... everyone... This people are theifs...

• Na
      14th of Mar, 2011

I typed in "HP Tech Support" on my phone and got their number. They never once said "we are not HP Tech Support" or "iYogi, how may I help you?" leading me to believe they were, in fact, HP Tech Support. I was calling about a battery issue and they proceeded to remotely control my computer, install their software, and tell me I had 3, 000+ corrupt files connected with my disc, and 3, 000+ different corrupt files connected to my security. The woman transferred me to her supervisor and he told me I was going to have to pay $200 or $1, 400 to fix it! Nope.

• Fe
      1st of Apr, 2011

this is exactly what happened to me but with McAfee. Is anyone else getting calls from "unknown caller" with an India accent saying their area is infected with a specific virus (they use your zipcode) and then request you go on your computer so they can help you fix it? They said they were from Microsoft, but hung up when I asked pointed questions and wanted to speak to a supervisor. Is iyogi selling or giving out some of our personal info, such as phone, name, etc. I am really getting pissed.

• Ak
      14th of Dec, 2011

Will never buy another HP printer.
    Too many install problems (returning to Costco) and HP support (iYogi) is a scam.

• N2
      26th of May, 2012

Sorry you had the same trouble I did. Let's all wish the most horrible Karma on these criminals! They are from India, so bad Karma to them!!