It's Just Lunch / Poor Customer Services/Credit-Refund Issues

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I had signed up with IT’S JUST LUNCH TAMPA and cancelled my contract within the allotted time (as they offer a 3-business day “grace period” in which you can withdraw from the agreement, no questions asked). When I spoke to the woman who signed me up (Lee Butler), to discuss the cancellation, she turned completely “Jekyll and Hyde” on me. (She was actually very polite to speak to during the phone interview process.)

I gently explained to her that I had changed my mind because I had gone online the night before and read ENDLESS complaints via many different websites and didn’t feel comfortable handing over almost $1000 to a company with a poor reputation. She got very nasty (I'll avoid the boring details, but let's just say she was NOT nice!) and ended the conversation by informing me that, “You’ll get your refund in 2 months.”

It’s no secret that it shouldn’t take ANY corporation SIXTY DAYS to process a refund! It's almost as if this is my "punishment" for canceling on them. Guess what IJL? I am NOT responsible for the THOUSANDS of poor reviews posted all over the web... and apparently, they are there for a reason!

I called their Corporate Office (in California) several times and was not surprised none of my calls were returned. I did receive an email on January 29th which read: "We have recieved your refund request and it is in process. We will email you with a status update within 5 days." It is now THREE WEEKS later and I haven't heard a peep from anyone. What a nightmare - I just want this all behind me, and have just filed a complaint with the BBB. I should have listened to all of you out there BEFORE I signed on the dotted line!

Su

Comments

• Kr
      21st of Feb, 2010

I DID NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM WHEN I WAS IN KMART A NICE YOUNG LADY BY THE NAME KRISTINA TIGGS HELP ME WITH ALL MY NEEDS I GIVE HER TEN THANK YOU GELINDA CONDOS

9th of Apr, 2018

I am really dissatisfied with It's Just Lunch. I haven't even been on my first date, and I already know I am not ready. I felt pressured on the initial sales call and having just had my wife of 10 years walk out of my life, I was in a state of insecurity and very vulnerable. In fact, I feel I was taken advantage of when being pushed to sign up as the solution to my problem, instead of actually taking the time to get my stuff together and find healing before dating again.

A simple "put your membership on hold" was not what I wanted to hear. I spend almost 3 grand for this service, and the only thing I got out of it was a few phone calls and a quick Skype video call. They only have a 3-day cancellation window, which is archaic and beyond ridiculous. Every other company I have ever purchased from honors a customer's request for a cancellation/refund within 30 days, some even to 60 days.

I do not recommend this "matching service" at all. They don't even have any matches in my area (Southern Oregon). They only service the Portland area, so I don't even know why they thought I was a good candidate in the first place. They refuse to give me my money back, even partially. I feel scammed.

Avoid It's Just Lunch. It's not worth it. And and the end of the day, it's much less expensive to do the work yourself and actually ask a girl out to lunch yourself like a real man should!