Israel-Music.com / Defrauded by Internet CD/video company

I am writing to report having been defrauded by Israel-Music.com, the e-commerce arm of Tamuz Records Ltd. I have retained all relevant documentation to substantiate my claims.
On Dec. 1, 2009, I placed an order with Israel-Music.com for five CDs (Order Number IM-73238)., for which I paid $125.97 CAD via Pay Pal. On Dec. 21, Israel-Music notified me by email that they had verified my payment, and gave me an estimated delivery date of December 22 (which did seem odd!). However, each time I have tried to track my order since then, I find that they list it as "being processed and prepared for shipment." By April 2010, I had emailed Israel Music eight times to inquire what had happened to my order. Each time, I received no response except the same computer-generated message. I have tried to contact them by phone, and there has never been a soul there – only a recorded message stating that the voice mailbox was full! Finally, I wrote to them at the contact address provided on their website (Tamuz Records Ltd., PO Box 198, Ra'anana, 43102, Israel), but received no response. In short, the CDs never arrived. I finally gave up on my order, although once in a while I still check on its status – which, as of September 17, was still listed as “being processed and prepared for shipment”! I question whether Israel-Music.com is a legitimate business at all -- in fact, whether it even exists save as a glossy website!
I am Canadian, but apparently customers from Holland and Germany have also been victims of fraud at the hands of this mail-order company. They report experiences almost identical to mine, some of which are described on websites such as www.skyscrapercity.com (“Chrizzl” and “Gingio” from the Netherlands), ch.reclabox.com (“W. Gebhardt” from Germany), and on the blog of Henrik Blunck (also from Germany). It is important that people be warned about this shameless company so that they too do not become victims!

Comments

• Lo
      14th of Apr, 2011

My experiences are exactly the same. I ordered for $ 195 in december 2009, and they are still preparing my order for shipment. A CD I ordered before this big order DID arrive, so I thought it was safe to order more.
    Phone is never connected, and emails are automatically answered by a number for 'future reference', but of course never answered. But I still get announcements of CD's that 'might interest me' . The ###.
    I wrote the chamber of Commerce in israel, but got no answer. Still waiting for my CD's...
    Be warned!!!

• Su
      3rd of Sep, 2011

I have not had a positive experience either. I too had ordered before without any problem until I put an order in a few years later. I paid for some CDs in July 2011 and did not receive them and multiple emails, phone calls (from Australia) failed to be answered. I decided to try another tack, so sent an email asking if there was a bulk discount for buying 100 of the same CD- WOW-the response was so quick!!! So I figured Israel-Music owner had not gone away, become deathly ill...I then contacted http://www.consumers.org.il/ the consumer organisation in Israel. Funnily enough, Israel -Music sent me one of the 4 items after this. I decided that rather than wait months, I will contact Consumers in Israel and ask them to assist in getting all the products to me. Word of advice to anyone considering using the website to buy...DON'T!!!

• Gi
      3rd of Oct, 2013

Sep 2013 and it is still happening. I wish I saw your posting prior to ordering from this company. Same experience as you three. Placed an order. Paid via Paypal, and every time I check on the status of my order, I get the same message. Order received but not processed. I will try and contact - http://www.consumers.org.il/ and see if they can help me too.

21st of Apr, 2015

I ordered 2 Cds from this company.Never delivered.I have phoned, I was promised a phone call back, never happened. They are just scammers.DONT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

• Di
      11th of Jun, 2015

My experiences are the same. I ordered for 137 Euro one month ago, and they are still preparing my order for shipment. No answer to my mails, the money is lost. I informed the israel comsumers council and a lawyer in Israel. We will see what will happen.

• As
      25th of Oct, 2015

Unbelievable!! Same just happened to me! I am an Israeli living abroad. In late August this year I ordered a double CD from this ×´company×´, paid $40 (a CD that can't be found elsewhere). On September 1 I got an email saying the CD had been shipped. Well, 2 months passed and I never got it. All attempts to contact them, whether via their 2 fake phone numbers posted on their website or by email (2 different addresses) or by facebok messenger, were not answered. Finally I decided to contact them using the comment option on their facebook page - i just left a comment on their 3 last posts on facebook, with details of my case and my inquiry... Only then, they responded on facebook messenger very shortly and without apologizing: "hi Asaf, we will check with our shipping team and get back to you". Needless to say, a week passed since then and i haven't heard a word; of course, my comments were deleted and I was blocked (which also means i cannot contact them on facebook messenger anymore), and again they're not responding to any of my emails. At least I am going to write to Facebook asking to remove the profile of this ilegitimate "business" - those criminals. And I would be grateful if every one of those stung by Israel-music.com would do the same - this will guarantee they are removed from Facebook - but before you do that, please leave your comments on as many of their posts on facebook as you can!! So I'll wait with reporting them...

13th of Aug, 2017

@Asafb It was only through Facebook that I learned about this Complaints Board site, so maybe better to let the profile stand. I'm a little surprised that Israeli Music has allowed that one negative comment to remain there. But, unfortunately, we consumers find it when it's too late. Surely there must be some sort of organization that handles international fraud.

• Db
      20th of Jan, 2016

I ordered the DVD film Bethlehem and was emailed that it had been posted to England on December 9th 2015. Delivery expected by Dec 22nd.
    On Dec 30th I emailed to say it had not arrived.
    I have emailed 6 times asking what they propose and have had no response.
    I phoned twice and got the answer machine on both the land line and the mobile.
    On one occasion - Jan 14th - 5 weeks after the item was supposed to have been shipped - I got through and complained I was being ignored. The guy that answered said he was not ignoring me, he would check my order and email me back within an hour. 6 days later nothing. This is either a really inefficient or a fraudulent company. The authorities should investigate - but I doubt that will happen. In the meantime I recommend nobody actually trades with thme - you'll lose your money

26th of Apr, 2016

It has been seven months since our order and we have had contact with this
    company several times. They keep saying they will send our order tomorrow.
    They have had excuse after excuse for the delay and after a while they just
    stopped answering the phone and there is no reply to emails either.

Our order was for several DVD's and CD's with a value of 351 euros which was
    paid in full on the day of the order.

I'll never do business with these men again and our bank is in the middle
    of investigating this case.

DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE

22nd of Aug, 2016

The same happened to me. I had been a customer since 2006 and all my previous orders came all right. Last time I had ordered successfully was in 2010. But this time the status of the order is "received", i.e. they received my order, not "processed", not "shipped". I emailed and called and got no answer whatsoever. I thought they had gone bankrupt.

• Ed
      7th of Sep, 2016

You guys need to call your credit card company and ask for a charge back! I did, and got my money back (I referred them to this website, so thank you for adding your comments). With enough complaints, the CC companies will cancel this store's account, because they don't like charge backs.

8th of Sep, 2016

I ordered two DVDs in April 2016. The money was processed and taken from my card but it says 'pending' and it is now September and no sign of the films. No answer either from the online in-account enquiries or emails sent direct. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

10th of Aug, 2017

I've had the same experience and am now writing a letter to the Merchant Disputes division of my credit card company (and including this website) to document what happened. I expect to have the charge dropped from my account, but I wonder what will happen when Barclays tries to deal with the seller's bank. I wish I had known all this before I ordered.

• So
      13th of Aug, 2017

Same here! Ordered a double CD. Payment by credit card confirmed by auto-email and since then silence. Not one reply to my ten attempts to contact by email. Fraudsters!

• Je
      20th of Jan, 2018

Thanks! I was this close!

20th of Jan, 2018

So glad you didn’t complete the purchase, JeremyAW. When my bank cancelled the payment, Israel Music then decided to send the order, long after I needed the item. Then when I contacted them, several times, about how to return the item, again silence.

As others have said, do not do business with this fraudulent company. And if you’ve come here because it’s too late, be sure to get your credit card company involved.

• Lu
      9th of Sep, 2018

Same happend to me. Still waiting 3cds from March this year!! Sad enough, I went to visit Israel this last summer and got to talk to someone via WhatsApp. He said he was waiting on one CD. Still waiting...shameful, I should have cancelled then.