iRobot / Customer service poor product quality

1 Evansville, IN, United States Review updated:

My Roomba 580 stopped working in December. I submitted numerous emails requesting customer assistance. After several email exchanges (most were never returned) I called in to tech support. Finding someone that spoke english well enough to understand was a challenge. After consultation with someone else the customer service rep gave me an RMA number to ship the unit back. The Unit was shipped January 13, 2009. On February 4th I inquired about my RMA number via another tech ticket. They indicated they had never recieved the unit and I must supply proof of delivery. I provided the tracking number which shows they received the unit January 16 2009 and that it was signed for. Suddenly the original RMA was updated to indicate that a new unit would be shipping.

I have asked repeatedly if I could elevate my case to a supervisor due to the poor service so perhaps they could fix the issues. I have asked five time giving them a direct cell number. The response was that the tickets both were closed.

I have emailed the president at i robot. I do not expect to hear from the clown.

Comments

• Tg
      24th of Jun, 2009

ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

I was considering buying a SCOOBA for cleaning our floors, but have natural stone and wanted to find out what the cleaning solution options were or what was in the cleaner they use. The first time I called them I waited for 15 minutes & NOTHING! So... I emailed them and they sent an auto response that they would respond in 2 days. After 2 days I got an email with the same damn number on their website, YES, for more holding [& in the email it said we're sure that you'll find this info helpful - YEAH RIGHT!!!]. So I call again after emailing them that I would only try one more time of holding up to 15 minutes & then they will have lost a potential SCOOBA customer. This time I only had to wait about 5 minutes or so & I got the rudest you know what on the phone! She was clearly having a bad day & taking it out on me, then she had someone else's info under my phone number so that was obviously screwed up and then said they had never sent me an email. Since I was on my macbook at the time; I double checked and sure enough there was an email from their customer support [ha ha ha, yeah that's what they are] to the address I had given her! What idiots when I mentioned that it was obvious she was having a bad day she tried to nice it up a bit, but that lasted for about a nano second! In the end, I couldn't even get the answers I wanted. Needless to say I will NOT BE BUYING A SCOOBA!

I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER BUY A PIECE OF CRAP product from iRobot and I WILL TELL EVERY FRIEND I KNOW WHAT JERKS THEY ARE & NOT TO BUY THEIR CRAP EITHER! Their customer service completely sucks & that was to someone who was interested in buying their product; I can only imagine how horrendous it is once you've already paid for the JUNK!!!

Unfortunately Evansville guy I don't think you'll ever hear a damn thing from them!

iRobot = JUNK - Don't waste your time or $$$, don't even consider their crap!!!