iPowerWeb / If you want trouble iPower is your friend!
Ipower (formerly Ipowerweb) has the most incredible customer service I ever dealt with. First of all it takes 30 minutes to wait until you are connected (sales dept average time is several seconds) and then you have most of the time a conversation with completely clueless person. A simple task takes forever (two months were not enough to change permission on ftp directory, I canceled contract before it happened).
Their technical and legal department don't respond or do it in 2-3 weeks and when they do the respondent obviously doesn't read what he(she) is responding to(I can't phantom that they are so dumb). But the best came after they deleted my files under pretense that I violated AUP which states along with a long list of reasonable restrictions the following:
- The Services are intended for normal use only.
- Customer shall not use any bandwidth and/or disk usage for materials other than the Customer’s Web site, Customer Content and/or Customer's electronic mail services.
To my inquire what constitute a "normal use" I get a very clear message - it is what Ipower thinks is normal. My pictures stored as a zip file apparently didn't qualify for "web content". It is clear that Ipower oversells disk space (I used less than 20GB of 300GB I was entitled to) and then eliminates those who use slightly more then they wish.
I hope I am done with them forever.
Even though I had to spend some time to clean the mess, I am glad that it happened because as the result I moved to Hostmonster and I am happy I did. Their technical supports responds either immediately or you have a clear indication how many people are in front of you and it never took me more then 3 minutes. Support is very professional. Cpanel has a lot of nice features and my only desire that they have a better mail interface.
More iPowerWeb Complaints & Reviews
- iPower - Scam and fraud! 
- iPower - Domain management / dedicated servers! 
- iPower - Awful company! 
- Ipower domain registration - refusal to enable domain transfer 
- www.IPower.com Inc. / Web Hosting - Dihonest advertising! 
- iPower.com - Transfer of domain
- iPowerWeb - Renew fee 
- iPower.com - Can't get my Refund!!
- iPower - Stay away 
- iPower - hosting