iPAGE.com / Scam

I signed up with iPAGE and paid them a total of US$126.76 on 29 March 2010 after reading on their intro page that they are affordable, dont tie customers up and most importantly "if unhappy in whatever way, 30 Days moneyback guarantee, 100% refund if cancel within 30 days+ easy to build free website builder tools

However, after 10 torturing hours and I still cant understand how to use their tools to build a website, I decided to cancel my a/c and hire a local web company instead to do everything for me.

The chatline operator told me that there will be a non refundable of US$15 and the rest will be refunded to me.

But when i look at my latest credit card statement i m shocked to receive a bbill of US$99.79.

iPAGE has charged $126.76 on 29mar and only refund me USD27 on 31 Mar!

I then contacted the billing dept who insist that they only refund hosting fees, add on services are non refundable!!

The guy also keep stressing on their "its all under our Terms and Conditions"

I felt really cheated and shortchanged. Because on their main website they do not have a column of terms n condions nor do they made it clear that theres no refund other than hosting charges.

For a IT idiot like me, I just follow their sign on procedure which auto includes all these so call add on services into my cart, i dont even have aoption to opt out as it will have red markings to warn me of the 'consequences'. Moreover all the services are calculated on a 12months basis, not one month or 3months.

I also wont get to use any of the services after my cancelling the a/c so how can iPAGE be so unreasonable and greedy to rip an innocent consumer off this way??

I feel this is outright robbing in a legal way.

Please, if anyone concern can help or advise me where to seek redress or complaint against iPAGE so that this Co cannot cheat other consumers any more hard earn money$$ and to refund me the full amount as promised on their website.

Ma
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Fu
      19th of Jul, 2018

today is July 19, 2018 and Ipage tried to screw me today too! i had Ipage for 4 years hosting my website, , and when it came time for renewal, , , the ONLY ammount i could see that was due, , , was 16.99 for one year of domain hosting, , , , so i payed it because i didnt want to lose my domain name. i even recieved 2 emails confirming my payment. but then after 3 hours it hit me, , , what about the website hosting payment???? and sure enough, , i went into my account and started digging, , and there it was, , , , ANOTHER charge for 105.99!!! i NEVER agreed to pay ANY additional payments other than the 16.99. never saw it mentioned, , , never got a confirmation email for the additional charge!! Ipage fraudulently scammed me for 105.99, , , and like someone else on here mentioned, , the dune coon on the phone from pakistan told me it was in the terms and agreements, , , blah blah blah. i used to believe in Ipage but it looks like they sold out and like most corporations today, , , they dont care about you, me, or the birds in the trees, , , , its all about them and the dollar signs. [censored] Ipage !! after 4 years of being with Ipage, , i cancelled my webpage hosting plan with them and ill never go back, , , , just like GoSlackDaddy, , , they are the same way. screw em all, , ill find a local hosting company owned by americans here in the usa.

• Pe
      19th of Aug, 2018

@fukipage Perry
    I agree with all this people another problem is the unlimited traffic story which is the biggest open and honest lie immediately you read in the fine print about a fair usage policy wich is so little that your site switch to wordpress install 20 times a day if it recieve a little sq queries...bad bad

• Br
      3rd of Sep, 2017

I have used iPage for my two domains for almost a year. The service has been fine and the cost was significantly less than most of their competitors. I found the web builder to be very easy to use and the library of templates extensive. I don't think the site builder is suitable for an enterprise web presence but for small business and personal use, quite adequate. As for the complaints above, the people complaining apparently could not read the terms of service nor figure out what they needed to purchase or what was an add on.

• Fu
      19th of Jul, 2018

@Brian 0. and because your a larp and a shill for ipage, , im going out on a limb here and ask, , , , did you actually read the 1, 000, 000 words and 15 pages of user agreements? i seriously doubt it you clown. go blow smoke up your own largeanushole and stop blowing it up ours. youre a fake flake. i page sucks as bad as you do.

• Be
      21st of Apr, 2017

I tried for a month and thought it was free trial, but they charged minimum 2 years. Since 2 years subscription only $43, I didn't waste the time to argue. I never used it and forget about it after 2 months. But after 2 years, and my domain has expired, they charged again for $285 for automatic renewal. When I called, they said default option automatic renewal. I have never seen such option, specially outrages subscription fee. This is a scam! I disputed through my credit card company and waiting for result.

• Bv
      2nd of Mar, 2016

IPAGE -
    Near Kings Park Layout,
    Mary Hills Kavoor Post,
    Mangalore 575015,
    Karnataka INDIA
    IPAGE.com IS 100% SCAM Company .

Ipage ready to taken work BUT not ready to PAY OUR COMMISSIONS

• Bv
      2nd of Mar, 2016

Hello sir

IPAGE - tech support office, Mangalore, INDIA
    Near Kings Park Layout, Mary Hills Kavoor Post, Mangalore 575015, Karnataka INDIA
    any persons have problems and facings issues with affiliate commissions, shared hosting plans, domain, credit card charges, please visit the above ipage address physically

INSTANTLY solved by ipage

30th of Jan, 2016

RENEWAL SCAM !!
    Account canceled in 2013
    Funds withdrew in 2014, refunded after a seriously insane fight
    Then, out of the blue, this 2016 bill!
    2015USD for basic plan when actually the website is off since 2013!!!
    Had to go back on their website, start a process of new logging, new password, and to dance with all kind -typical scam- jungle links, screens and warnings.
    Notice that i will again have to deal with them in 2017 or 2018!
    Trust me folk, stay away from these guys!
    I have made 5 screen shots to prove it!

• Re
      7th of Jan, 2016

Today (01/07/16) I happened to find that iPage had stolen three times over two days period out of my bank account in total of $189.38. None of these were authorized. None consented. Tomorrow I am contacting the corporate office. Apparently they kept my bank account number without my knowledge. I have no trust on iPage billing department personnel.

• Ip
      4th of Nov, 2015

Ipage is the biggest scam artist on the web. I signed up for the introductory rate for 3 years of web hosting. After one year I was charged a certain amount for the "domain" name, I thought it was for 3 years? I called and customer support did nothing for me, the best part is, I didnt check my credit card bill this whole time, so now my credit is ruined. Thank you Ipage for biling me and ruining my credit!

• Ip
      27th of Aug, 2015

I hosted with iPage for one year and then they hit you with the renewal fee from around $10 to $144. I was not happy with the price rise and canceled my plan BUT the charged me any way. After spending some time talking to them I got a refund for the $144 hosting free but they charged me $16.99 domain renewal fee. Why they would renew something i had canceled? So I asked and they said it was not refundable. No i am nervous as I have read they keep trying to renew every year, years after you leave them. There must be a way to stop this if not you and i can set up a site charging for cheep domain name renewals take the money and run as there is not way stop it. Or is there a governing body? or who can you complain to or is it just a free for all scammers paradise?

• Al
      12th of Jul, 2015

iPAGE is a scam and now they even use promotion emails to steel your identity and credit card information. I did not have any site with them or any site building tools but I have been receiving emails with attachments which (my mistake) I have opened. And guess what? I am seeing charge from iPAGE bill for over 223 EUR!!! Thanks good that AMEX card from Belgium has actually refund money after I have reported scam and changed my card. It is shocking that after thousands of frauds reported on this company they are still operating.
    We must put web site just next to their official site with clear: Be ware of iPAGE scam,

21st of Mar, 2015

Do NOT sign up with iPage. Do NOT! BUT, if you have already signed up with them, open a "ticket" with them and tell them in no uncertain terms to cancel everything, and to never charge you again for anything, ever. Tell them to turn off all recurring charges AND never charge you for anything, now and forever. Take screen shots of these messages for proof. Now, cancel your credit card and make sure you do not get another credit card with the same number, and tell your credit card company to reject all charges associated with iPage, ipage.com, and its affiliates. Take screen shots of all of these messages and save them. If you do not cancel your credit card, then iPage will charge you for years in the future. No matter what you say to them, they will still be charging you in the future - guaranteed. I am talking from first-hand experience.

13th of Mar, 2014

IT IS A ###ING SCAM! DONT EVEN BUY IT!

1. IT IS ###ING SLOW WITH LOUSY CONNECTIONS! YOUR AUDIENCE OR CLIENTS WILL HATE YOU FOR SURE

2. THEY PLANTED ###ING MALWARES INTO MY CODES, AND SUGGESTED A ###ING STUPID MALWARE REMOVAL SERVICES TO ME. IT IS LIKE ANTI VIRUS COMPANY CREATINT VIRUSES THEMSELVES!

ALL IN ALL, THIS IS A ### COMPANY, DO NOT USE IT AND CHANGE TO OTHER HOST WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT!

• Ad
      18th of Apr, 2013

Asshoooooooooooooooooooooooles Mother###ers They keep putting my renewal option to Automatic + They charge extraordinarry fees that i never opted for and when you speak to them they want to charge you more for some reason.

• Ti
      5th of Dec, 2012

I had four websites with them. Each time I made sure the auto -renew was not clicked yet somehow they managed to pull monies out. Every time they did this, I would cancel my account and get them to refund my money.
    December 5, 2012 once again they pulled out money and it made my account go into the negative and accrue $120 in overage fees. What was there initial response? Well it will be 48 hours to refund money and then they will send a letter to my bank asking them to refund the overage fees, but I would have to get all the information for them and then call them back.
    This time around I have video showing me cancelling the auto-cancel and even my audio talking to them about my one account they did this two two or three months ago. Plus screen shots.
    I am sending it to the BBB and NYS Attorney General.
    They did, as I was typing this, say they would refund the amount, the original 108 bucks today within 30 minutes and not 48 hours.
    I am still putting the package together to send.
    They have repeatedly stole money from my accounts. They only return it when you complain.
    Timothy Ferraioli

19th of Mar, 2012

File a complaint with consumer affairs by you or the better business bureau in IPages location:
    Ipage.com
    70 Blanchard Road
    Burlington, MA 01803

This is what I am working on today. I'm postal mailing 1 complaint out and 1 was sent by email to the BBB today. The IPage ad clearly states refund anytime. The Facebook and AdWords are expired so they are a useless scam. I attempted to use them within 2 weeks. I called for a refund today and was told no refund my 30 days is past. IPanels refund policy isn't clear. Today an iPage link for refund policy led me to a blank area.

• Ca
      7th of Mar, 2012

I tried hosting with iPage, The tech support was insultingly bad and when I tried to cancel because I was sick of dealing with all the glitches and bad service they refused to honor their 100% money back guarantee.

Out of what I paid for their service I was refunded less than $9 of the total amount and I’m still fighting to get the rest.

If they were once a good hosting service I don't think they are anymore. Not recommended.

3rd of Mar, 2012

iPage.com is a total ###ing scam. they claim to have refunded me $154 but havent refunded a penny. Only an hour after getting a membership, I started to notice all of the "free benefits" were actually trials, really old and useless software. The customer service is not all that great either. Ive been communicating with them for the past 24 hours and theyve just given the run around, passing me off to other "specialists" and never giving me straight answers. And STILL I havent gotten my refund! Ripoff.

• Mu
      6th of Jan, 2012

They do have to cover the bills for the outsourced boardscanners, so stealing becomes an option. Though, you know, they're making a profit on that, too. SiteGuy, you're not very good at this job.

• Si
      5th of Jan, 2012

These are some very lame complaints to be honest lol. They seem to boil down to "They say it's $3.95 a month but that's only if you pay for an entire year! They say their website building tools are easy but I couldn't figure out how to use them! I cancelled my account and they said there would be a $15 cancellation fee! And they have automatic billing!! What a scam!"

For anyone considering any website hosting company, the biggest things to consider are:

1) Whether or not their site is always up--nothing worse than going to your website and finding out the servers are YET AGAIN down.
    2) Whether or not their control panel/ftp is intuitive and easy to use.
    3) Whether or not you can get a hold of someone in customer service within a reasonable time.
    4) Whether or not the behind-the-scenes administrative stuff gives you a lot of options to work with to maximize your site's success.

I'm about to check out iPage for possibly hosting my site. I decided to check first and see if there were a lot of complaints about the things that truly matter (I'm not even slightly going to use their site building tools, don't need to). Right now I've been to two different "complaint" sites and the overwhelming complaint on both boards has been about that non-refundable $15 fee when cancelling within 30 days lol.