Invent Tech / Ripped off!

1 2655 Le Jeune Road Suite 550Coral Gables, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-940-9020

I had been talking to someone from this company who made me feel very secure with explaining my idea to them. They sent me the information package, and I sent it back to them with all of the details and the drawings I had made. They sent me the authorization for my idea and promised not to discuss this with anyone else at this time. I researched this myself , and they reassured me that they didn't see any other patents or patents pending on this idea. Almost a year had pasted and I was watching the morning show, and they were showing 'NEW' kitchen gadgets,and much to my surprise, there was my gadget, 'MY INVENTION'. It was under Mrs. Smith's Pie Company as the 'Pie Keeper'. I was so upset. I called the company back to talk to the gentleman that I had been talking to. And he wasn't there any longer. I have seen this on line in many kitchen supply stores. etc. They describe it almost exactly as I described it to Invent-Tech. The only thing that is different is that mine was going to be called the 'Pie Partner' it was the same design, same wording. This is so wrong if this is truly what happened. As I have read many other complaints from this company... I guess I'm not alone. I could have made a lot of money with this little gadget... and I feel that they took it away from me. Bottom line is... something needs to be done, and someone needs to get to the bottom of these legitimate complaints. Very, Very upsetting.

Va

Comments

8th of Apr, 2011

I submitted and idea to this place, and showed them a prototype for my idea, but I did not have the money they wanted to launch it, I had to pay for the book they make for you, which was all the money I had. I didn't have a job at the time and hardly had a penny to my name. So I put it behind me. A year later my idea was being sold in several stores, and to this day when I go to the store, and I see my idea, it nearly brings me to tears. This places makes their money in stealing other peoples good ideas and using them as their own, in my opinion. Why should they care about the people they hurt and take advantage of? That is what greed does.