Interval International / Unethical business practice
I booked a last minute get away with Interval International. I paid for my airfare and everything online prior to leaving and I believed I was all ready to go. When I got to the hotel in Mexico after staying a night, they presented me with another bill next morning, a MANDATORY All inclusive bill for $3, 500. I thought they were kidding. I called the company in Florida and asked to speak with a representative. The first lady on the phone was empathetic and totally understood that this situation was an unfortunate one. She transferred me to a gal who handles these cases. The lady simply said she couldn't do anything for me. It was in the fine print. She said if I had called and made the purchase with them over the phone they would tell me of these mandatory fees but since I booked online on my own, it was my fault. Look, I work in education and my hands are tied. I book online because its convenient for me. So to be told this, it is ridiculous.
Going back to the billing situation. First and foremost, I am in Mexico, and I have no idea if I really had a choice?! And thought what would happen to me if I didn't pay. I was scared and very anxious. I asked them why didn't they bill this to me before I had arrived. Anyone in the right mind would see, that is NOT a deal and not book that. Had I known there would be this fee. I would not of booked this. I would have booked something with Airbnb or Vrbo instead. I don't know, I figured I would email and ask if this is ethical? Its like this was setting a consumer up for failure. I have the money and I will pay for this. I just wasn't sure if this was best practice on their end. Any information you can provide would be great. Thank you so much for your time. I hope you have a wonderful day.
More Interval International Complaints & Reviews
- Interval International - Beware of interval international! 
- Interval International - Time share exchange policy 
- Interval International - Timeshare use! 
- Interval International - Timeshare exchange
- Interval International - Stop buying timeshare or just read
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - exchange - refund
- Interval International - Exchange availability
- Flagship Resort / Interval International - Vacation ownership scam
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - timeshares / vacation rentals
- Interval International - Scam false certificate