Interval International / Not a complaint just comment
This is Not a Complaint Just A Comment
First of all do you all realize that an exchange is based on other members giving up there units as well. With the economy being in the shape it is people are not traveling very far from there homes. They are not doing the exchanges the way they used to.
II can not make inventory appear that is not being given to them. Hence the Getaway inventory. This is developer space not part of the exchange inventory. It is offered to give the members a chance to travel and stay at resorts not hotel rooms for an affordable price.
Also if members would actually take the time to read their terms and conditions and use the helpful tips that are given the system might actally work better. The other thing is you can actually research the resort that is being offered before you make a 100% commitment to exchange or purchase a getaway. The internet is a wonderful tool and you can then see if the resort is up to the standards you desire.
II can only offer the members what is available and give any advisemnts that are available. It is still up to you to do the research for your vacation.
As far as the costs go... Let us face facts... Everyone had had to increase their rates accross the board. What once was will never be again. The memberships that are being offered to you are created to actually try and save you some money for the long term.
The agents that answer the phones are not magicians but people. A lot of them really do care about the members and will go the extra mile to help where ever they can.
Although I do agree that customer service accross the world has depreciated and things are becoming way too automated. Please try and keep in mind that the agent you speak with might actually really care and want to help you. Also try and be realistic about your expectations on what you think you are owed. Your membership fees at II are not in the thousands as a matter of fact a 10 yr membership is under $1000.00.
More Interval International Complaints & Reviews
- Interval International - Beware of interval international! 
- Interval International - Time share exchange policy 
- Interval International - Timeshare use! 
- Interval International - Timeshare exchange
- Interval International - Stop buying timeshare or just read
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - customer service, or the lack of it.
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - no customer service resolution
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - no response from my resort cc money/banking weeks
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - exchange - refund
- Interval International / Intervalworld.com - that scam of 59 days in advance to request a place. no resort in the world will have a room if you request it 59 days in advance