Interval International / Not a complaint just comment

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

This is Not a Complaint Just A Comment
First of all do you all realize that an exchange is based on other members giving up there units as well. With the economy being in the shape it is people are not traveling very far from there homes. They are not doing the exchanges the way they used to.

II can not make inventory appear that is not being given to them. Hence the Getaway inventory. This is developer space not part of the exchange inventory. It is offered to give the members a chance to travel and stay at resorts not hotel rooms for an affordable price.

Also if members would actually take the time to read their terms and conditions and use the helpful tips that are given the system might actally work better. The other thing is you can actually research the resort that is being offered before you make a 100% commitment to exchange or purchase a getaway. The internet is a wonderful tool and you can then see if the resort is up to the standards you desire.

II can only offer the members what is available and give any advisemnts that are available. It is still up to you to do the research for your vacation.

As far as the costs go... Let us face facts... Everyone had had to increase their rates accross the board. What once was will never be again. The memberships that are being offered to you are created to actually try and save you some money for the long term.

The agents that answer the phones are not magicians but people. A lot of them really do care about the members and will go the extra mile to help where ever they can.

Although I do agree that customer service accross the world has depreciated and things are becoming way too automated. Please try and keep in mind that the agent you speak with might actually really care and want to help you. Also try and be realistic about your expectations on what you think you are owed. Your membership fees at II are not in the thousands as a matter of fact a 10 yr membership is under $1000.00.

Comments

• Ev
      17th of Oct, 2009

A Big Comment to your Interval praise:

We have read everything Interval has written in their exchange very carefully, they have a beautiful 6 inch directory promoting all the thousands of resorts worldwide, we followed all their guidelines to a T, and we could not even find anything even in the remotest areas which were not popular. Even with one year or 2 years in advance or if you gave them 10 locations, even a bigger time window of travel ...Interval never had any availabilities period!

That is a dirty little secret written by their lawyers, once they sucker you in ...you can't get out!

So I figure if I save the membership fee to Interval, plus the 2 weeks fee they charge, plus the higher plane fare for traveling on weekends, I have saved enough to have a "stress free" vacation anywhere I want to go on my own!

Any more suggestions?!!!

13th of Jan, 2010

stop buying timeshare

• Vi
      14th of Mar, 2010

OK...understand that Getaways are properties that II recieves other then via trades and not obligated to fill owners requests with...but what about the new Shortstay? These ARE owner deposits, yet II will take the primo late deposits under 60 days and sell them in pieces rather than give them to a request in effect. I've had it happen to me and their excuse?... " thats another department".

And I disagree with your suggestion that the economy prevents people from traveling. If anything, owners cannot travel to Hawaii, Aruba, etc. and ought to be depositing properties to bank them for the future. If anything this effect ought to keep IIs inventory at as high as in past.

Perhaps what you mean is there are less owners. What is the default % on timeshares and is the entire market preparing to crash ? II has a lot more Getaways from owners defaulting because properties are having weeks turned over for unpaid maintenance fees. If you cannot make your house payment...are you going to pay $1200 for maintenance fees at a resort you cannot afford to travel to?

I still suggest IIs policies have changed drastically in moving more towards a premium travel company and less as an exchange outlet. This said...there are no checks in place to be sure as an owner waiting on a request...you will ever get your week.

• Di
      16th of Dec, 2010

I tried for the first time to use the interval exchange service, Mind you I banked my week at my home resort and now wanted to book at my home resort for this coming year 10 months out. They told me that they are completely booked up and that I would have to go on a waiting list and that I could pay them $109.00 today to see if I get my request. This is complete and utter crap. I can not believe they get people this way. So basically they got a free week that I paid for. So apparently I will not renew my membership with them and I will use my week every other year when it comes up through Marriott. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THESE PEOPLE. IT IS A RIP-OFF.

• Ki
      28th of Apr, 2011

Interval offers you no availability and crappy locations in echange for banking your week. I have a timeshare with Villa group in mexico which has a series of fabulous resorts, nothing i have seen on interval Int "AVAILABLE" resorts when trying to book even comes close in comparison. If they do... read the fine print, you cant use timeshare exchanges...you have to pay full price ...interval is just serving as a travel agent then...INTERVAL IS AN UTTER SCAM...what are they doing with the week at Villa del Palmar Cabo I "Banked" ...I'll tell you what, they sold it as a full price vacation to some poor fool and then offers a run down hotel in the backwater of Hawaii not even close to the beach. WHAT FINE PRINT ACCOUNTS FOR THIS????????

• Al
      27th of Sep, 2011

I can't believe that villa palmar is still in business, the company is run by Americans.
    They are scamming their own people, filling their pockets with fraudulent money.