International Magazine Company / I can't cancel my account
In June a random number called me from an 866 area code so I answered it. After a man talked to me about being an associate of Visa/Mastercard/Discover card he said that I was entered in a drawing and asked if I was interested in getting some magazines for free. So I was like sure I'll hear what you have to say. So he said his supervisor would call me with more details. Sure enough he called me explaining the deal saying I would actually have to pay for the magazines: $4.16 a week, $53.16 a year. So i said...sure I'll pay for the 18 months that we agreed to and he gave me a "college student discount" so I didnt have to pay the full amount. So not thinking or talking it over with family I gave them my card number and information. But I figured if they knew where i lived and most of my card number already and WERE affiliates of Visa then I shouldn't worry. So...After I noticed a charge for $53.16 on my account within hours I cancelled my card and sent in a complaint to my credit card company to reverse the charges since that wasn't what I agreed to. Now just today IMC calls me and says that I owe them money or else they will send the collection agency and I have to pay $956.88!!! I explained to the man I no longer want the magazines, they charged me for more than I agreed to, and I want the charges taken off my card. He said that's now allowed even though one of his "managers" told me I could cancel at any time. So a warning to all DON'T GIVE IN. You can't cancel, they take your money, and send you nothing. What a headache.
Send me a message if you've gotten anything for the "collecion agency"
More International Magazine Company Complaints & Reviews
- National Magazine Services, Inc. - Fraudulent suscription renewal 
- International Magazine Company - money 
- International Magazine Company - Credit Card Fraud
- International Magazine Company - Possible Fraud 
- International Magazine Company - Unauthorized billing 
- National Magazine Company - fraud/ disconnected phone #
- National Magazine Services Tv Guide - Not getting magazine
- International Magazine Company Inc - fraud
- National Magazine Services - Over-billing, over-pricing, SCAM! 
- International Magazine Company - Can not cancel the account