International Magazine Co / False Information/Lack of Information
I originally signed up for a magazine subscription offered to me by International Magazine Co. over the phone. One of the only questions I asked was "Can I cancel at any time?". The response to my question was vague; along the lines of "We don't encourage our subscribers to cancel." About a week after signing up for the subscriptions, I was informed that I was going to be studying abroad, so I called to cancel, to little avail.
The woman who took my call, was snide and condescending to my situation; "Didn't you initially know you were going to be leaving the country for 6-8 months?!". In the end, after much frustration, and having her inform me that I was obligated to pay for the 7 year subscription (an obnoxious sum of close to $800), I agreed to pay the "lowest cancellation fee" available (approx $180) for magazines I may never get because their system appears fraudulent. This happened almost 8 weeks ago and I have yet to receive any magazines promised to me for the year. To say the least, I will never accept any over-the-phone offers ever again and am disappointed in the dishonesty and obscurity presented by International Magazine Company.
More International Magazine Co Complaints & Reviews
- National Magazine Services, Inc. - Fraudulent suscription renewal 
- International Magazine Company - money 
- International Magazine Company - I can't cancel my account 
- International Magazine Company - Credit Card Fraud
- International Magazine Company - Possible Fraud 
- National Magazine Company - fraud/ disconnected phone #
- National Magazine Services Tv Guide - Not getting magazine
- International Magazine Company Inc - fraud
- National Magazine Services - Over-billing, over-pricing, SCAM! 
- International Magazine Company - Can not cancel the account