Intercape / bad service

1 South Africa Review updated:

I booked the Intercape Mainliner bus from PTA to CT for the 9/04 departing PTA at 17:00. A sleepliner arrive at the PTA station at 17:00 and all the mainliner passenger where placed on the bus, stating that we were going to get our bus in JHB. I was fine with that and it was treated quite professionally by the hostess assisting us. The We eventually get to JHB by around 18:30 and are told to get on one bus then told to get off the bus, then on it again and so forth. there was a lot of confusion at the JHB terminal.I was told to get a sit number and the people giving seat numbers tell me I do not need one. So eventually everyone that was meant to be on the mainliner to CT was told to wait 30 min as a different bus was on the way. By 21:00 a bus eventually arrived and we got on the bus. Then something was wrong with the bus so we had to wait an additional 30 min before the bus could leave. When I thought everything was sorted and we were eventually on the way, the bus breaks down in Litchenburg. Apparently the radiator pipe burst or something. So we are told a mechanic has been contacted and is on the way from CT and there is a bus heading our way that will take us the rest of the way to CT. This is great, however the arguement between the passanger and the crew arises when the bus driver talks to a different courier bus to take some of the passangers with. This is communicated as a possibility by the Hostess. Great. However the Driver turns and tells a select few of the passangers that the other bus can only take nine passanger and he tells them to fetch their bags as they are going on the bus. So the rest of us are wondering what is the criteria that one had to meet to get on that bus as all te people chosen are of fair skin and so is the driver by the way. He tell us that those people are running a race in CT and have to register before cut off time. even though some of the people he put on the bus could not even walk let along run a race nogal.And when asked about such passangers he tells us it's just because we are not priority that is why we are not getting on the bus. The arguing ensued for a while until the other courier bus left.Then communication ceases. The driver did not tell us what was going on and when we are expecting a other bus to arrive. I had to go and ask the driver and get that information to the other passenger. So eventually the other bus arrives and I get to my stop at 20:30 instead of the planned 14:00. one business meeting and spiritual meeting cancelled for the day. My business might not be a priority to them but it most certainly is to me and being told that I am not a priority when they had not bothered to find out if i had urgent business in CT and I can could make alternative arrangement was not hot at all.

Cl

Comments

• Se
      15th of Sep, 2015

I launched a complain and it was never solved and my last letter which was never replied is as follows:

To: Shana Jantjies

Cc:

Subject: RE: URGENT REQUEST- Complaint C61659

I have seen and read your letter including the terms and conditions and understood it.

My request is a letter that confirms the time of depature and arrival at Beitbridge boarder post as simple as that.

From your terms and conditions there is nothing which have anything to do with my request.

I will appreciate your quick response

15th of Aug, 2018
    Intercape - Recless driving of one of your drivers
    Stilfontein, North West RSA
    intercape.co.za

Trailer nr Cy245-776. At Stilfontein close to Klerksdorp on the N12 the bus was supposed to reduce speed to 60km. The lanes became one and the bus forced me off the moving lane and passed me at a very high speed. He then saw I took pictures and reduced speed. Lucky nothing happened because I saw him coming, but it could have been different...

• Na
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Intercape - Suitcase broken
    Vanderbijlpark
    South Africa

My suitcase was broken on my way home from Uitenhage to Vanderbijlpark bus 219. One of the wheels has been broken off and the side is cracked open. This is totally unacceptable.
    Nduplooy27@gmail.com

29th of Aug, 2018
    Intercape - Intercape service
    Durban
    South Africa

No passenger notification. They left passengers even if they seee them commng, It's raining inside the bus .toilets over flowing

• Ti
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Intercape - Bad service
    Pretoria
    South Africa

I asked to book the earliest bus, Pretoria to Harare. Got the 12pm. Bus arrived Pretoria at 1pm then instead of going straight to Zimbabwe, bus went back to joburg. Left joburg at 3pm. This is not a 12pm bus as advertised. No announcement were made. Made attempts to ask tellers but they were all pushing me to the next employee. This is ridiculous.