Insuranceclaimcheck.com/Mr.Cooper / insurance claim process

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Ongoing problems with collecting the escrowed funds from www.insuranceclaimcheck.com since Hurricane Irma. The website gives minimal information for tracking documents, submitting forms and getting your money to pay contractors. The claim to send you the bulk of the claims funds once they receive all the necessary paperwork but that is not true. They continually ask for additional paperwork and hold up the process you as the customer have to call repeatedly to check on the status, wait 48 hours, check back, wait 3-5 days check back...They don't understand that you need to put a deposit down on a contract and can't wait weeks for the funds to secure a contractor. They require numerous inspections at the homeowner's expense. My house has been damaged for close to a year and I have had minimal luck getting the funds. They need a better website that allows more customer interaction and the ability to view everything going on with the insurance funds, as well as reducing the insane paperwork and wait times.

Te
Aug 16, 2018

Comments

• Ex
      24th of Sep, 2018

I'm in the same situation as most of these same complaints here. Wondering if anyone has ever considered a class action lawsuit? Seems to me if it were appropriate, this would be a perfect case!

• Sh
      8th of Oct, 2018

I'm going through the same mess. It's been almost six months and my home still needs to be repaired from storm damage. Not to add that I now have more damage because it's raining inside my home. I really do pray that a class action lawsuit comes up because I'm on it. I'm tired of dealing with incompetent people over the phone. I feel that's it's all a scam to get you to walk away from your home and their company keeps your insurance money.