Indian Railway — excessive rate of food by the pantry car service
Complaint against the more charging for veg. meals by pantry car personnel’s staff.
Subject: Complaint against the more charging for veg. meals by pantry car personnel’s staff.
I would like to inform that I undersigned travelled with my family members from Manmad JN. to New Delhi on 6th July2011. The information of which is described below:
PNR no. [protected] & [protected] Train no. 12137 ( PUNJAB MAIL )
Total passenger --- 09 Nos.
It is reported that I ordered the train’s pantry staff vendor for providing 09 veg. meals. I was thereby provided 09 veg. meals(THALI) without curd and lesser quantity of food as per scale. Not even that they demanded me Rs 540/- at the cost of Rs 60/= each, instead of Rs, 32/= which was Rs 28/- more as per Rate list fixed by railway authorities. When we asked the Pantry Car Manager Mr.Akhlesh kumar Pandey ) about more charging of meal he replied that they are supplying mix veg. chole paneer instead of Aloo-Tamater in veg meal(THALI), but, the fact was that I didn’t told for any changed menu . Before supply the meals we demand the menu & Price list from Vender Shalender tomer but he refused for the same .I asked other passengers and found that everybody was overcharged and thus cheated.
It means the train pantry staff was cheating all the passengers in huge manner by increasing prices of meal and supplying less quantity of food of substandard quality.i.e. A group of 05 passenger those PNR NO. [protected] From MMR To Faridabad were also cheated by the pantry staff they charged Rs, 300/= for 05 no. of veg. meals Bill no.3847 dt 6/7/11 Such kind of cheating should be stopped immediately and culprits must be punished.
The train’s pantry staff manager ( Mr. Pandey ) also argued with me in very rude manner when I DEMAND for complaint Book then he refused and told us that I have no any complaint Book. Please take necessary action against him for prestigious image of INDIAN RAILWAYS.
Waiting for your quick and efficient action and reply.
P K SHARMA
More Indian Railway Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers! 
- Indian Railways - poor facilities 
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person 
- Indian Railways - officials corruption 
- Indian Railways - azad hind express running late 
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - charge extra amount in pantry service
- Indian Railways Irctc - terrible experience 
- Indian Railways - regular late running of train 
- Indian Railways - misbehavior by tte