Indian Postal service / DL is lost inspite of sending it using speed post

The indian post sucks...My parents mailed my DL from Bhilai to my office in Bangalore ,using Speed Post of Indian Postal sevice.But its almost 3 weeks I have not received it.
To experiment the service of Indian post ,I tried to send some post cards to my office in electronic city,but unfortunately these post cards have not arrived yet.
What I can make out is that Postman are afraid of gettin into office premises esp if its a IT park.I dont know the reason.These people are not even bother to return to the senders address if they cant deliver to destination.
On the other hand the courier guys are really smart,they deliver everything with in time.
I never have any trust on governmet people,but its because my parents suggested for speed post I aggreed to give it a try.
My biggest mistake ....Neva trust Indian post

Indian post should be closed or must be privatised.

Comments

• Am
      8th of Jan, 2008

sir / madam
    uti pan crad service sent me my PAN card on 8 nov 2007 by post but still i have not recieved. Its imp thing. what should i do now to get that parsal.
    please advise me
    thanks

18th of Jan, 2008

Totally agree. Postal Service in India sucks. Its 3 weeks now since The canada post has sent documents to new delhi. But my husband has never received them.

• Kr
      16th of Feb, 2008

dear sir
    there is much delay in speed post service from alleppey post offices to tamil nadu karnataka etc kindly check up
    there is no tmo facility they say
    why in kerala alone there is no TMO?
    krisnan

12th of Jun, 2008

To
    The Post Master General Of Mumbai / Kolkata

Sub: Not received the Visa Interview letter of my daughter in law Debalina Dutta, Dutta Bari, 193/145 Kaushallya, Kharagpur-
    721301 issed by US Consulate, Mumbai on 2nd ju8ne, 2008

Dear Sir,
    US Consulate at Mumbau has intimated over phone that Debalina Dutta's Visa Interview letter was issued on 2nd June, 2008.
    But till to date it has not reached to Kharagpur.
    Please let us know whether the letter was delayed due to postal transit.

12.06.2008 Yours faithfully,
    Chanchal Dutta
    Dutta Bari, 193/145 Kaushallya, Kharagpur 721301, West Bengal

• Ra
      9th of Jul, 2008

I have tried more than one time to open the site - www.indiapost.gov.in but it is not working.

You are requested to kindly correct the site problem.

15th of Jul, 2008

Subject : An appeal to Head at Panchrukhi Post Office in lieu of unpaid debts

Dear Sir,

Myself M.R .Sharma a retired Tehsildar from Himachal Pradesh Revenue Department is Senior Citizen at the age 74 of Himachal. I am having my own building of four Rooms with all facilities available with Water, Electricity and bathroom etc etc. The Area of this building is 0-00-64 Hec. This accommodation is being used by Local Post office Panchrukhi 176103 as I have given them this on Monthly Rent or Rs 1100/- ( Rupee One Thousand One Hundred only) with proper deed signed by Post office and myself on 1st Aug 2003 to 31st July 2008 with this assurance that the rent will be increased within one year of starting of this lease deed.

I had given this lease signed with this impression that within one year Post office will revise the Rent this accommodation. But till date I have never got any increase in this rent from their side. I have written to Superintendent of Dharamsala for this matter but despite of so many exchanges of letters there is not any development in this case. As we have given this building for working purpose to Post office and you can understand that such a good building means monthly rent of Rs. 5000/- will be genuine. The state bank of India in front of this building having monthly rent Rs 8000.00. This building is situated in the middle of the market of Panchrukhi and safe from every side. and as I am a retired government employee and cannot survive in pension and this small amount of rent. You will be surprised to know that the maintenance of this Post office is being done by myself from time to time and the customer /counters / other counter which are there are being used by post office were arranged by me. My whole the rent is going in this maintenance of post office only.

Now I have received a letter from the Post superintendent Dharmsala that inccreasement of 10% after five years is possible it mean after five year I get rent rs 1100.00 +110.00=1210.00 per month. This is not justice with me.

My agreement has to come end at the month of 31 July 2008

You are requested to look into this matter as I am too old to run
    here and there for this purpose.

It will be better for me if post office can vacate this place and I can put this accommodation on rent to some am family who can easily give me rent of Rs. 5000 to 6000 per month. or increase the genuine You You are requested to take up this matter with post dept so that there should be proper justice in my case.

I pray for an urgent action and seek your kind assistance, for which I shall always be grateful.

I thank you in advance for your kind action in this regard and I shall be very thankful to you for the act of kindness on this senior citizen,

With respect and blessings

Yours Truly

MAST RAM SHARMA NAIB TEHSILDAR
    Village Ladoh post office Panchrukhi Teh Palampur Distt
    Kanrgra H.P 176103 PHONE NO:01894-254033

• Ju
      27th of Sep, 2008

Respected sir
    I would like to inform u that my brother had send two money order from MASJID BUNDER POST OFFECE BOMBAY to TEH SAMBA P.O. NO 184141 DATED25/07/08 AND 5/08/08, BUT TILL NOW THIS MONEY DID NOT REACHED IN MY HOME.PLS TELL WHERE IS THIS MONEY

• Ut
      10th of Aug, 2010

Sir,
    I send Rs 4300/= from Salakati Post office which Pin no is 783369 to my relative
    vill- Budhijore P.O Ballygovindapur Pin- 721440.Money order no A 5 Dated 26.7.10
    but till now the same have not been received.
    But the amount is very urgent because the receiver family member is admit in hospital kidly let me know the status.
    Uttam Das
    Durha constructions Pvt Ltd
    NTPC/ BHEL Salakati Assam

• Se
      17th of Nov, 2011

Hai Sir My sisiter send to me some register artical from my village thombakkulam (virudhunager dist) to singapore and she don know how to write the address in english she ask help to thmbakkulam post office inchage Mis A.Hema and she will write the address in correctly actualy the address is Bukit panjang ring road, But Mis A.HEMA writ Bukit only but my sister ask her the sentence of the address is very lenthy but you wriot very shortly.But Mis A.Hema very smart and she will tell her this is the short form of bukit panjang ring road .Realy i dont undersstand how the indian post office requiret the crew in post office based on which mannar .due to in complete address i can't get the articals (the articla inside medicine for diapetis for my father) he did not take the Medicine he so much suffer due to diapetis if some thing happen to hem i blame to whom .i item send date 29/10/2011 come singapore 14/11/11 due to in complete address i cant get the articlas until now .please concider my, mail and take action againts Mis A.Hema (Thombakkulam (post) 626136