India Today Book Club / Paid for books but not received any

1 India Review updated:

I got a link through [protected]@irctc.co.IN .The offer was to Buy:

Bestsellers Books & CDs starting AT Re 1/-. I selected the ones I liked and then paid online as India Today is a well reputed Magazine and they have a book club. IRCTC is a railway online book site by the Govt. I got a catalog of India Book Club by mail, but never got the books. Not even an acknowledgment receipt. My credit statement shows the amount. They are obviously cheats and would advise all to beware of them.

Comments

9th of Feb, 2008

Hi Frnds, I'm also like u who have been cheated by This India Today Scheme. As per urs feedback to the complaints Board, I'm agree to ur suggestion of lodging a complain against India Today "Rs. 780 Scheme".

29th of Feb, 2008

I've also received an e-mail from [protected]@irctc.co.in. I trusted the site and subscribed for INDIA TODAY book club, I have made the payment of Rs. 780/- by ICICI credit card on 22-01-08.

Again i received the same mail today asking that final stage of Winning draw of India Today.

Is this true............some one please explain me.

If some one help me out, i can go to consumer court against INDIA TODAY group & IRCTC promotions.

I've trusted the site as 1st the mail notification I received, was from Indian Railways and 2nd because of India Today's reputation.

I've only received the order confirmation.

8th of Mar, 2008

This is a super bumper fraud.

Please be careful.

• Sr
      28th of Apr, 2008

I dont know when I become the i-mint member and why I am getting such email. I am frustrated by getting such email.

India Today Grand Prize Draw

Dear i-mint member,

You have just reached the final stage of winning Rs 15 lakh!

As an esteemed i-mint member, you have been chosen to participate in
    INDIA TODAY Grand Prize Draw and win Rs. 15 lakh in cash.

You have already successfully cleared the initial two stages - the
    selection of participants and possible finalists and the assigning of
    your Personal Access Code. Now you are just a step away from winning
    Rs. 15, 00, 000 in cash and up to 3 Mystery Gifts! All that is left now
    is the third and final phase: the selection of winners. And your
    chances of winning in this decisive stage depend completely on you.

Important: To enter the final stage, click on the button below. This
    offer is not transferable and is valid for a limited time period only.
    So, what are you waiting for, click now to win!

Good luck!

Sameer Gupta
    Prize Draw Manager,
    INDIA TODAY

P.S.- The faster you reply, the more you can win! Click here right now

to view the HTNML version of the mailer click on the link below

to unsubscribe, click on the link below

• Dg
      29th of Apr, 2008

I also got the same e-mail and I send money thro' credit card but I have not recieved any books or anything related with the India Today Group.

2nd of Jun, 2008

I completly disagree that IRCTC is a cheat, though I was forced to believe so.I had paid my money on 10th Apr but ultimately got the package securely on 2nd June.So people plz wait.Laloo if u ever read this irctc needs a push as its service is bad.Earning such a reputation when u get calls from IIM for lectures is bad.Neways bad is not a word in ur dictinary.

• Ko
      9th of Sep, 2008

Sir,
    I received a letter with a certificate to enter at the SWEEPSTAKE draw as a posiible finalist but the return business envelope for response was badly damaged. So I am unable to dispatch the certificate and would like any advice on this issue by the e-mail or letter.
    I hope a quick response will be made.
    Thank you.

4th of Nov, 2008

Unfair Practices of your Book Club

I have paid a sum of Rs. 2000 based on your attached notification for A FREE deluxe Family Holiday was promised as part of the offer as outlined there.

A few outdated CDs were received without any documents or invoice or any clue as to how to obtain the holiday voucher.

Later on, as no any such offer was received, I contacted your Delhi number # 40502424 and took an ITBC number, from your delhi office telephonically, and printed the holiday voucher. To my surprise, I realised that it was mere cheating as you then demanded a payment of Rs 800/- towards charges.Though unwillingly, and in disgust over such conning practices, which is unbecoming of any respectable organisation, I had sent the required documents and voucher copy alongwith the payment drawn on a local bank.

Today when I called up, @ +91-120-4666408, as nothing was heard from you, the entire set of documents were I understand returned to me on some flimsy grounds. But the said courier has so far not reached me and obviously therefore, somebody at your end is at fault and all this amounts to deficiency in service and cheating.

You are therefore requested to take away your CDs and refund the money collected from me immediately to avoid further unpleasant and infructuous correspondence, and other actions or else, the Holiday as outlined by me be materialised on priority. I am attaching a copy of the holiday voucher as ready reference.

Hoping to hear from you by return mail,

yours sincerely,

Antony Xavier,

Flat no 9, torna apartments,
    Bhau patil road, Aundh
    Tel +91 20 6561 3674, 6523 0121, cell:09422320176, 09225636911.

• As
      7th of Nov, 2008

I want to know who is the winner in this year grand prize .
    which date drawn the game

• Bm
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Dated:23.03.2009
    Compliments of the day.
    Received your valued sms and noted the contents.
    I am waiting your V.P.P. My order No.0GA090040067
    I trust you will approve of this.
    Please feel free to direct any question that you may have to us.
    We are waiting your valued reply.

With best regards,
    Post Box No. 32
    Kannauj 209725

• Ut
      28th of Aug, 2009

The india to day book club is a faud organization i got the contact of india today ceo from this page pls contact him for your queries

Vivek Gaur,
    CEO, Competent House,
    F 14 Connaught Place, New Delhi 110 001.
    Tel: 011-23736970-78
    Email: Vivek Gaur’s Office
    Website: http://www.indiatodaybookclub.com/?

• Ga
      30th of Sep, 2009

Hi Guys,

I have placed 2 orders from your India today book club for 2 holiday packages

One for 3 days and four nights for Rs. 3000+ and another one for international package for 7 days and 8 nights for Rs. 5000+

I regretfully have to bring it in your notice that I haven’t got my first order and got the second one, even for the second one at the time of buying it was promised to me that the destination includes Switzerland and I was disheartened and felt cheated to know that it wasn’t the case.

My member ship id is

Membership no: ITBC09118244

Please send me a proper contact number because the number mentioned on site 011-40502424 is not all of any use…no nobody responded on numerous call attempted there

And I am deeply frustrated about the status of my money, which I have spend is still not sure.

As there is no order id generated and smsd to me for first id I feel cheated and money has been taken from me.

Please verify the status of order as soon as possible so that I can to proceed with legal actions if needed in this case .

Regards,
    Gaurav Mahajan

15th of Mar, 2010

I always like to do online shopping with India Today Book Club because of its great deals on online purchases that I can’t find in the shops.This site really has a great collection of products. Here, prices are reasonable, good customer service and fast delivery. Overall, Superb website!

3rd of Jun, 2016

I agree with Raja. I had taken a package earlier wherein they had promised a travel package and airline tickets.For months I could not access the site and used to get the message 'Sorry the offer has expired' or some similar message. Later, when some how I got in touch with them (the phones hardly go past IVRS messages) I was directed to another site which again directed to visit another site to claim the reward. As soon as one clicks the link, the anti virus starts giving an alarm. Hence I have not been able to claim the reward to date.

Second time it has happened recently. They sold me an HTC Touch2 mobile by saying it is a 3G handset. I placed the order but came to know through HTC that it was not 3G enabled. I requested them over phone as well as mail not to execute the order if the phone was not 3G as promised. To my horror, the phone I received was not the one I had ordered in the first place! It was a HTC P3470 !

Their fax is either busy or no reply.There phone hardly goes past the IVRS messages (you need to be very, very patient).They do not reply to emails.

• Ba

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide the order details.

Please refer to the email sent to you on your id. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on the given id:

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS
    Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

or call us on our customer care No.

011-40502424

India Today Book Club - We are not able to access to website to get the gift
    bookstoday.in

I have booked 3 sets of books from India today book club and they promised to upload the unique promotion number in the website to get the gift. I got the books on 10th August and till today I am not able to access the website to collect the gift. I came to understand from my friends that this company is a fraud one and they are cheating customers. Please take necessary action against the organisation. I made 20 STD calls which cost me around Rs. 1000 but everytime people are giving wait for 3 days. The address of the company is given below.

INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB

Raja

• Sn
    India Today Book Club - Paid for the books, not yet received
    India

B.D. for Rs 1105/- in favour of ITBC, issued by Allahabad Bank, BBSR vide no. 4487629/dt 2-11-07 sent to ITBC for books worth Rs 1605/- (Rs 500/- free gift coupon enclosed) by Snigdha Mohanty (Membership no. ITBC 04235332) on dt 4-11-07. Books are not yet received. An early action in this regard will be highly appriciated.

• Du
      22nd of Jul, 2016

After 7 days of posting this online complaint ITBC has NOT refunded the money till date. It shows that either they have no time to solve their customer's problems or they are not interested in refunding the money. They have cheated so many people like me!

• In

Dear Sir,

Your refund has been resolved from our end if you have not recieve your refund till date so kindly send the 3 months CC statememt .

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS
    Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

or call us on our customer care No.

011-40502424

• Du
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    India Today Book Club - Refund not given (following up ITBC for 12+months)
    indiatodaybookclub.com

My membership ID with India Today Book Club is ITBC08774081. I had placed an order (TELESALES/0GA090014244) worth Rs.1897/- for Reebok kit (shirt, watch, belts etc.) on 06-March-09. When the ordered items were not delivered after more than 4 months of order, I requested to cancel my order and refund the payment. I have been following up over phone and emails for more than 12 months, but ITBC team is unable to process my refund till today. What should it be called “fraud”, “failure of a REPUTED company in online business”, ’’shame’’, or what? Is there any chance to get my hard-earned money back?

I have provided them all the proofs (CC statements, Order confirmation emails etc) many times and also send letters in writing to their Noida and Delhi offices by Speed Post, but no replies. They do not care for the customers once they got the payment.

They have started a new company BagItToday to make more money by cheating people.

Thanks for reading!