IKEA / buyer, beware
My husband and I purchased several items from Ikea and one of them was a bed. We then paid to have it delivered to our home.
When we went to assemble to bed we discovered the mid beam had not been delivered and without this beam the bed was not usable. I called the store we made the purchase at and explained the situation hoping we could just come and pick up the missing part.
The customer service rep that I spoke to informed me that we would have to purchase the part again even though we had the receipt proving that we had paid for it already !! When I asked to speak to a manager I was informed there was no one available and if I wanted to leave my name and number I would be called back but it would be at least a 48 hour wait and the manager would only tell me what the customer service person had already said.
My husband drove down to the store (a forty minute drive) and even then he was still refused the part unless he paid for it again!
I work in retail myself and understand the importance of quality customer service and I can safely say my experience with Ikea is definitely the worst I have ever had !!
I will not be doing any further business with Ikea and I would like to warn everyone else out there, if you do choose to shop at Ikea BUYER BEWARE !!
More IKEA Complaints & Reviews
- Ikea Aneboda Bed Frame - ikea cheap furniture 
- Ikea Credit Card - ikea credit card is a drama! 
- Ikea / Brimnes Storage Bed - bad service/incorrect details 
- IKEA USA - don't shop there 
- IKEA - malm base and sulton fjordgard mattress - the worst 
- IKEA - restaurant
- IKEA Romania, Bucharest - installation furniture 
- IKEA - goods not received
- IKEA - sti shipping company is unreliable!!
- IKEA - delivery of my order