IFB Washing Machine / Door switch is not working

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased an IFB washing machine about 8 months back. I had taken an extended warranty for 2 more years. I made a complaint regarding my washing machine. The Door Switch is not working properly. Thus I am not able to work the machine. I complained many a times through phone and also contacted there service center very near to me (ie. about 100 meters). The Service Center is at Palarivattom, Kerala.

Pa

Comments

• Su
      13th of Dec, 2008

Please be EXTREMELY careful in case you are planning to buy any IFB appliance in Bangalore.

See http://zookeepersblog.wordpress.com/ifb-service-doesnt-exist-in-bangalore/

No service exists ! IFB guys have no customer focus. They are not helping, nor concerned about any problem of yours.

Summary ( Observations )
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 ) The complains recorded in Call centre is NOT tracked for closure. In many cases the calls are closed without visiting the customer at all.
    ~

2 ) IFB has outsourced service to a company named ” Silicon India “. Thus IFB as a company does not want to show any ownership for your problems.
    ~

3 ) The ” Silicon India ” guys have no skills. Often after lot of followup / reminders even if they visit your home, will be without tools, without spares.
    Will diagnose wrongly, open things one by one unnecessarily and will only try to change most costly parts.
    ~

4) The silicon India guys do not carry any identity cards. Once 2 guys came to my home in the evening DRUNK. I complained to Silicon India, IFB and TVSe Chennai.
    No action or apology from any one was reported ever.
    ~

5 ) The Silicon India mechanics are more interested in ” personal business “. As soon as they see a customer without Annual maintenance contract, they will propose if they can try to solve the problem

” privately “.

The skill level is same, that is ZERO. And thus one by one will replace the Motor, cards, pump whatever and keep charging money. The sole aim is to take away all good parts and sell somewhere else, and put other old parts in the machine.
    ~

6 ) IFB has only 3 mechanics for remaining part of Karnataka. The IFB Bangalore Manager and Assistant Manager never could send those guys to my home even after several followups for my problems. The standing excuse is that these 3 guys are out of station. Even though they promise to inform me or call back, they never called back.
    ~

7 ) No training is provided to all these mechanics for new models such as Digital models.
    ~

8 ) The spare parts are very costly, not available in open market and thus IFB fleece the customer very badly.

See http://zookeepersblog.wordpress.com/ifb-service-doesnt-exist-in-bangalore/

Details of all that happened with me -

• Ka
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Sir,
    I purchased IFB ELINA DX washing mechine on 24.11.2008 at Kakinada, AP. At the time of purchased the above mechine dealer said 2+2 yeares warrenty but given in the book only 2 yeares warrenty, again I asked dealer about warrenty, he said service engineer will write on the book for another 2 yeares warrenty at the time of installation. Service engineer came to my house and installed above washing mechine and also written 2 yeares warrenty on that book without your company seal. How I will belive 2 yeares warrent without your companey seal that is why previously I mailed in November 2008. After mailed my massage your company service men responded through phone and he told me to send 2 yeares extended warrenty with in 15 days but up to this time there is no massage/letter from your company. But still I belived your company is one of the best company in washing mechines that is why don't missuse your name and please send extended warrenty to my address as earily as possible. My Ticket No. 2458305
    Youres faithfully,
    K.A.Vijaya Lakshmi
    W/O K.Murali Mohan, 2-44-9, Bhaskar Nagar, Kakinada- 533003
    mkoripella@gmail.com

• Dh
      28th of Jul, 2017

I am also using IFB washing machine my top cover is also not working well. I bought it on recommendation of https://www.bestbuyreview.in/2016/12/5-best-washing-machines-in-india/