Ideeli.com / I will never do business with them again

United States Review updated:

On December 11th of 2009, I ordered a Nautica coat with an expected ship date of December 28th - January 4th. On January 6th, I hadn't received any shipping notification so I sent an e-mail to their support and was told that the coat would ship in the next 24 to 48 hours and they'd be happy to apply a shipping waiver. I waited another 3 days and sent them another e-mail to which I received a reply that said, "Our warehouse team informs us that this item from your order is unavailable from the manufacturer." Did they not this two days prior when I first inquired? It had practically been one month since I placed my order. They gave me a one-year $25 credit as a "courtesy".

Ideeli fails at the very basic level of a business: supplying products that they advertise.

What upsets me so much is that the coat was a present for my future sister-in-law. How terrible does it look; I say it's coming between x and y dates, oh no wait another 2 days, and oh no, it's not in stock?

I will never do business with them again. A $25 credit does not put a coat in my future sister-in-law's hands.

Ak

Comments

• Pr
      19th of Apr, 2012
    Ideeli.com - When I went to use my $25 credit, my order was canceled with so many unfounded accusations
    ideeli.com

When I went to use my $25 credit, my order was canceled with so many unfounded accusations. It was clear their motivation was merely to rescind the credit.

• Oh
      2nd of May, 2012
    Ideeli.com - Ideeli customer service is non existent
    ideeli.com

Recently bought a flat iron from ideeli.com right away I noticed it was fake, its pretty obvious. we sent it to the company and they confirmed that it was a counterfeit. Ideeli customer service is non existent. I rather the service at the dmv on a busy day.

• So
      22nd of Jun, 2012
    Ideeli.com - I would never buy from them again
    ideeli.com

Returned an intem three weeks ago and still have not receive the credit to my Visa. My ideeli account shows it was returned, plus I paid for the air shipping back and provided them with tracking showing it was received, Each day for over a week they send me the same email reply that it will be one more day unitl they can resolve it. Absolutely ridiculous. I"D NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

• De
      30th of Jul, 2012
    Ideeli.com - The costumer service is very rude
    ideeli.com

The costumer service is very rude. And their site is not very secure. It's easy for your identity to get stolen if you use their site.

9th of Aug, 2012
    Ideeli.com - Horrible customer service, shop elsewhere
    ideeli.com

TERRIBLE, THEY WON'T WRITE BACK AND THEY SHOW DRESSES ON THE RIGHT OF THE PAGE AND YOU CAN'T FIND THEM ANY WHERE, SHOP ELSE WHERE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

28th of Aug, 2012

I would agree if this is true. As a business major the customer is right and if the business aint living up to their standers than do the right thing and report the company to the better business bureau.

26th of Nov, 2012
    Ideeli.com - I am officially never shopping here again
    ideeli.com

I tried to use 2 different credit cards and got a whole bunch of errors. The first time I tried to order from them, they sold out of the item and then sent me an email saying - sorry! I am officially never shopping here again.

• Yo
      1st of Dec, 2012

The same thing just happened to me . I lost my order, my first row membership, and had trouble returning an item because I couldn't print my label. It's now en route with one more day to ideeli but we will see if they botch my refund

• Ff
      9th of Dec, 2012

When I shopped there I had the same experience--missing items, wrong items and bad customer service.

• Ff
      9th of Dec, 2012

The SAME thing happened to me. When I emailed them about it they accused me of having a fraudulent account and threatened the police! The account was NOT fraudulent at all! I was horrified that customer service treated me that way. I still don't get it. I shop at many other flash sites and not one of them have threatened to " arrest" me! I guess all I can do is laugh about it- it is kinda funny!

• Po
      4th of Jun, 2013

I used to love their merchandise. Unfortunately they are a terrible company, that forcibly closed my account over a mere $10 courtesy when they lost multiple items in the mail. They treated me horribly and when I mentioned the Better Business Bureau, they forcibly closed my account.

After complaining, Ideeli refused to allow me to return items that were in the mail at the time of the complaint.

It was a measly $50 return, and after buying all of my bridesmaid dresses through the company, they tossed years of loyalty to the curb.

They claimed that the BBB sided with them, but rather they informed me that "they "are not an enforcement agency and we cannot compel a business to settle your complaint"

In other words, they choose to act as a neglectful, horrible company that doesn't care about its customers. Run as far as you can!

• Jj
      15th of Jan, 2015

I should have read this forum before!!! Horrible website, NOT Recommend to purchase anything this website if you want to get your goods. I've recently ordered a mulberry bag as for a present for my wife BD and it it's been over 15 days since I ordered the bag and they have not shipped the product. I have contacted that twice. How can they be in this business for this long? Customer service does not have any clue.

8th of Dec, 2015

I agree with the negative feedback unfortunately! I returned a dress that was over $200.00 2 months ago and was not refunded yet. I keep seeing "processing ' . Ive tried to contact them via live chat, email and phone and have been unsuccessful . The live chat is baloney, there is NO live chat. No one has returned my email or phone call & something tells me no one will. I am so sorry I did not read all the feedback prior to my ordering.
    I hope no one else falls into this nightmare!!

• Id

Hi Pillka,

We're extremely sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your ideeli experience, but do thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We try to make the shipping process as transparent as possible by providing the expected shipping window on each individual item page during the sale, as well as on your order confirmation. Since we work directly with manufacturers to fulfill each order, this can result in a bit of a longer wait time, but ensures guaranteed authenticity. They first ship to us, and then we ship to you. We're sorry if this was not initially clear to you.

That said, our goal is for members to always be happy with their purchases, and we're very willing to work with you if you're not. Can you please reach out to us at [protected]@ideeli.com with your user id and order number? Thanks!

Best regards,

The ideeli team

• Pi
    Ideeli.com - Avoid dealing with this ppl
    ideeli.com

I love ordering through internet since i don't like the inconvenience of going to the store and trying to find a parking not to mention the cost of the gas. so far so good until i have encountered this site. my order took forever to come for onething. if you like to spend so much time trying to figure out on how to return item, this is a perfect site. they don't make it easy at all. and do keep in mind your credit card will not be credited for your return item, you will have credit with their store. unbelievable.now i am stuck and had to buy something from aideel. i had to read other people's comment trying to find the phone number where i can talk to someone because i needed help. no phone no. on the packing slip whatsoever... i was ready to call bbb for this. terrible experience. i will just try to use my credit from my return since it 's their policy to keep people's money for return and not ever ever will use this site ever again...

• So
    Ideeli.com - Their customer service is non existent
    ideeli.com

Ideeli is VERY hit and miss. Their customer service is NONEXISTANT and they never seem to know what is really going on when you contact them. On a recent order this month, they took money out of my account and I have yet to receive a tracking number. When they first opened they were actually falsely representing items, for example they had a Michael Kors Kind Duvet set they were selling which I ordered and I only received the duvet no shams, which a set normally consist of. They later told me they were always only selling the duvet. Well Ideeli, why would you advertise it as a duvet set? It's things like this that give the site such an element of shadiness. Despite that incident, I continued to shop there and 75% of the time they get it right, but their margin of error is getting larger. I would not recommend this site to my worse enemy and after this last fiasco of my money being taken with no tracking number and no product in hand, i'm finished with them!

• Id
    Ideeli.com - Worst customer service eror
    ideeli.com

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ERROR. I currently live in Denmark and had to come home for a family emergency and had a package from ideeli at home waiting for my dad to ship for me home to Copenhagen good thing he hadn't as it would have been a waste of his time and mine. These jokers first of marked on their site that both of my items were shipped as I ordered two of the same item so when I opened my package and saw only one was in there I was pissed to say the least. Why didn't the bother to send me an email or even mark on their site I only got one? Then to make things worse they tried to pull a bait and switch on me sending the mini back up I luv battery and not the large I ordered. Really like I wouldn't notice? It doesn't even work for my iPad and to boot it was a cheaper item. Not a happy camper. So I tried to call no phone number listed more red flags. Then I get someone on iChat who was no help. Offered me store credit I said um no as I will never use you again and I want a full refund. He said ok but I had to send the item back which also came in a damaged box btw. I said sure but I wanted the item I never got credited now and said no, other item had to be returned first. That makes no sense I never got the item so give me my money back. I got the return label on the product I did get and I will return but these jokers labeled it as the product I should have gotten and not what I actually got. To make matters worse the only reason I, placed the order was because I got an an email saying that my wait list was over and item became available when it apparently never was. So sure you want my money and don't want to give me the product nice sceme you have going. Off to the media and better business bureau I go stopping at some friends along the way to stop even looking at their site. Oh and ps I got a number that no one bothers to answer lovely.

• Li
      31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - They keep getting slower in their customer service request responses
    ideeli.com

I shopped there for a year, with pleasant experiences--I was a big fan. But clearly something has changed about the way they run their business as of lately. My last three orders have included:

1. Missing item
    2. Item "labeled" right but not as pictured
    3. Completely wrong item

They keep getting slower in their customer service request responses. The "will resolve in 3-5 days" is untrue. It has been almost two weeks and they haven't resolved my most recent "wrong item" issue. They have lost my business for good, and I would not recommend them to anyone. I will ensure every friend that I have recommended them too in the past knows that they are no longer reliable.

• Be
      31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - This was by far the worst online shopping experience I have ever had
    ideeli.com

Worst shopping experience ever!! I bought a set of luggage a few days ago. The next day it emailed me said the order was canceled, and asked me to contact them if I believed my order had been incorrectly identified as fraud. Then I found out not only my order was canceled, my account was also deleted! When I contact them, they said the reason was because they called me but couldn't reach me.

I strongly doubt this is the correct way to identify a fraud and treat a customer. I've met the same situation before. I was at work and couldn't pick up the phone, but the other place only canceled my order, which I can totally understand. What ideeli.com had done is super irrational and disrespectful to customers. I feel insulted and very angry about it.

• Pl
    Ideeli.com - Frustrated with the customer service
    ideeli.com

SO disappointed!! I have been with Ideeli for awhile now, but it's only recently that I've had issues with them. This latest problem is what really made me mad, and I will never shop from them again, no matter how tantalizing their prices are. I placed two orders fairly recently. I had used a $25 credit on my first purchase, but then the order was canceled. I spoke to an Ideeli representative who assured me that I still had a $25 credit in my account, even though it did not show up visually in my account. I MADE CERTAIN that I still had the credit - I asked him how I should place my order, if my credit card would be charged $25 less - basically, I had to make sure that nothing would go wrong, especially since I had seen this site before and all the bad reviews. (I just didn't really believe them, since most of my previous orders had gone smoothly.) But then I placed my order, WHILE IN CORRESPONDENCE with the sales representative, and waited for the charge to show up a couple days later. The sales representative did not reply to my last message, which, AS REQUESTED BY THE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, stated that I had placed the order, and could someone refund me the $25 back? I should have expected then that I was charged the full price of the order. I wrote back to Ideeli, using the same thread in which I had been speaking to the representative on the day of my last order, and they asked for my order number. There is no response from them now. I am so, so irritated - and yes, $25 isn't an insanely large sum, but as a college student...I have to make do with a scrappy student income. And I'm just so frustrated with the customer service, which outright lied to me.

• Ab
      31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - Apparently they do not care whether I remain a customer or not.
    ideeli.com

I ordered two items from Ideeli.com which were supposedly shipped on 02/21. I checked the UPS tracking number and UPS has no record of the item being shipped. After emailing ideeli (there's no phone number) I was sent a canned response which was equivalent to no response at all. Basically, I was told to check the shipping policy, wait ten days more, and then put in a claim with ideeli. Then the items would be shipped. This just doesn't make any sense. They have my money, and I have no hope of getting the items any time soon. This site has good stuff and good prices, but their shipping procedures and customer service has a lot to be desired. I have made several purchases from the site in the last six months and this is the third such problem with shipping. I have never encountered anything like it on other websites (ebay, overstock, ect.). Three strikes and they are out. Apparently they do not care whether I remain a customer or not.

• Li
      31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - I don't have shoes and jewelry for a wedding I'm attending this month
    ideeli.com

My friend told me about Ideeli so I signed up a few days ago. I was so excited because I found the perfect watch for my husband for our 1 year anniversary, and found a couple pairs of shoes and jewelry for myself. When I couldn't log in to my account today I contacted customer service and was told that they canceled all of my orders and deleted my entire Ideeli account because they couldn't get a hold of me which is complete BS - they hardly tried. My husband is disappointed because he doesn't have the watch he fell in love with, and now I don't have shoes and jewelry for a wedding I'm attending this month... what a joke. Stay away. It's a headache to find something you like and then have this happen.

• Vi
    Ideeli.com - They have customer service issues
    ideeli.com

Ideeli what a scam... they charge you $9.95 to ship and then if you want to return to your card they charge you a return service fee of $7.95. I bought 2 pairs of shoes and returned them (shoes were below par of what they were described as), but was out $17.80 for nothing. Live Chat was like texting to an automated system. After cancelling my membership (exclusive ha ha) they did refund the $7.95. Received a call from Customer Service on my voice mail, as the caller said "we are reaching out to you to see why you cancelled your membership (caller referred to me with another customer name) WOW do they have customer service issues. I agree with another review Ross has better deals... plus you can return no problem and no charge.

31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - I ordered a 3 piece luggage for $255 and a single luggage was shipped to me instead
    ideeli.com

I ordered a 3 piece luggage for $255 and a single luggage was shipped to me instead. In addition, the luggage was suppose to be white, but it's got dirty marks on it already. I contacted customer service via e-mail. Even though I got a automatic response that a response will be provided within 1 day, it has been 4 days and I have yet to hear back.

• Ar
      31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - Worst experience ever!
    ideeli
    New York

• Al
    Ideeli.com - This is unacceptable for the online purchase site
    ideeli.com

I wouldn't count on them at all. I purchased an item 29 of Jan, and I supposed to receive it at 3 of Feb. I bought it as a Valentine's day gift. Today is 13 of Feb and I still didn't receive it. I communicated with them three times. First time, they promised that I will receive it soon. Second time, they said they don't know where is my package. After all, they send me an email with this respond "We have notified the shipping company and they will be starting an investigation into the issue within 24 hours. Their investigation should be resolved within 8 business days and they may contact you via phone during that time." !!!

Tomorrow is Valentine's day and they want to investigate and resolve the problem within 8 days!!! So I should tell to my boyfriend that he will receive his Valentine's day gift within 8 days!!! This is unacceptable for the online purchase site, which their commitment to on time shipping is the first rule to be successful.

Ideeli.com - I wouldn't buy anything from this company
    ideeli.com

It was great to browse the website after receiving emails about their "sales." A lot of the clothing seemed a little expensive when you consider that a lot of it is not returnable, despite not being able to try it on. Then there was an offer for a two-month membership in a wine club, that would yield 6 bottles of wine for $79, so I decided to try it. Turned out, that club didn't deliver to MA, where I live. I contacted them and they said I needed to get the refund from Ideeli.

Upon my first request, about two months ago, I got an apology and a promise of a refund within 5 days. No refund was ever posted to my account. I have wasted much precious time sending more messages to their customer service, including two "live chats, " with no result. The last "chat" received a response that I would be contacted again within 24 hours, only that was over a week ago.

No company should be allowed to misrepresent an item as for sale if one cannot receive it in the state from which it is ordered. The original ad should have listed the states where the company will deliver, and ignore a reasonable request for a refund. It's not that I didn't like the wine, it's that I never received any! I wouldn't buy anything from this company!

• Yc
      31st of Aug, 2016
    Ideeli.com - horrible customer care!
    Ideeli
    ideeli.com

Ideeli is VERY disappointing!! IF YOU EVER need ANY customer service -- YOU WILL NOT GET ONE!! I had a question regarding my return and it has been a week - NO one bother to get back to me, while they sent me a note that i will hear back in 24hours.. MOREOVER -- i have contacted them via email, phone, chats -- the reps DO NOT know anything about your case -- though they have records... LONG STORY SHORT -- I love Gilt -- cause if i ever have a question or an issue -- i get IMMEDIATE assistance! ideeli -- do NOT buy anything UNLESS you 150per sure about he designer and the size.. it's really the WORST customer care! i still have a credit and once i sell that credit, -- i will be out of that website! Gilt or Ru la la -- are 200 times better!

• Bu
    Ideeli.com - Avoid dealing with this ppl
    ideeli.com

I placed an order with Ideeli and was very excited to receive it, as I really really wanted those items. When I finally got the package, 4 out of the 5 items on the packing list included in the package were missing!!! Ideeli said that my package got lost in transit, and all they did was refund me the money for the items that did not arrive, but my funds were blocked for over 3 weeks. I was very disappointed with this experience, since it was obviously a packing employee that did not place the items in the box. They did not offer any store credit and were very slow to respond.

I used to be a loyal customer, and have placed over 40 orders in the past 2 years. Most orders arrived as expected, althought they did send me wrong colors in the past, but were helpful in refunding me the shipping cost as well. I was hoping that they'd compensate me for the huge inconvenience they have caused with this last order, but they failed to do so. They claimed that everything in their inventory matches up, so all they can do is refund me the price ofthe items that were missing. Really? What if the items ended up in a different package by accident? Why do I have to suffer because of an Ideeli employee's mistake?

• Ne
    Ideeli.com - The most bizarre and unreal experience I have ever encountered
    ideeli.com

I just got done with the LiveChat option. The most bizarre and unreal experience I have ever encountered. I have never experienced such awful customer service. I wish Ideeli would empower their employees to make decisions instead of waiting. I ordered an item and i wait ed a month and still did not receive it. Luckily i wasnt charged until they were going to ship it.. It was taking way too long, who waits a month and a half for something they have ordered? Very inconvenient, and its ONLINE?! Online is supposed to cater to conveniency. Anyway, the person helping me cancelled my item without me confirming to cancel it. I told her i still want it. i was just asking as an option! See below for the worse customer service ever!
    Jessica: Welcome to ideeli
    Jessica: HI Liza
    Jessica: Part of the reason we can offer such reasonable prices is because we don’t keep any inventory. Instead, we work directly with the manufacturers, who ship to us, and then we ship to you. This can result in a longer wait time than you may be accustomed to, but it also ensures a high degree of quality control, guaranteed authenticity, and those great prices.

Jessica: We always offer an expected shipping date so that our customers know if the items meet their needs
    liza : but a month later?
    Jessica: Yes because we don't keep inventory
    liza : why do i have to wait a whole month after i purchased the item?
    Jessica: That is when the vendor has promised to have the item to us
    liza : you gave me a expected ship date of August 30- Sep 6
    liza : why not advertise the item when you do have the item?
    Jessica: I'm not sure I follow
    liza : Is this how ideeli works normally?
    Jessica: are you getting two expected shipping windows?
    Jessica: May I please have your order number to look into this?
    liza : ********
    Jessica: Thanks! Just one moment while I check that.
    Jessica: Right this item should be shipping anytime now
    Jessica: It doesn't mean it will ship on the 30th
    Jessica: It can ship anytime within that window
    liza : so in order to buy from ideeli, i have to wait an entire month and pay for shipping
    Jessica: Not always
    Jessica: All vendors have different expected shipping windows
    liza : but sometime
    Jessica: Sure
    liza : May i cancel this item?
    Jessica: But as I said, it is part of the reason we can offer such reasonable prices is because we don’t keep any inventory.
    Jessica: Sure
    Jessica: Please note that you were not charged
    liza : oh i know
    Jessica: Since we don't charge for items until then ship
    Jessica: *they
    Jessica: This order is now cancelled
    Jessica: You will receive confirmation shortly
    liza : wait?
    liza : I never said i wanted to cancel. I just asked if i could
    liza : as an option?
    Jessica: I am so sorry
    Jessica: I thought you wanted to cancel so the order is canceled
    liza : now what?
    Jessica: I am very sorry
    liza : so I can not get the item?
    liza : can you void that?
    Jessica: I can add you to the wait list for this item and apply a$15 voucher to your account as an apology
    Jessica: Once an order is canceled it isn't reversable
    Jessica: I'm terribly sorry about this miscommunication
    liza : Is there a manager? I ordered this as a gift for my mother
    Jessica: Yes I can have a manager contact you
    liza : she is expecting this at her address?
    Jessica: May I have a phone number where to reach you?
    liza : I would like that
    liza : ***************
    Jessica: Thank you. I will have someone contact you today.

Ideeli.com - Worst online site EVER
    ideeli.com

Worst online site EVER! Save your money and spend it anywhere else but here. Most of the women "styles" are hideous, trampy and last years, you can get better deals at your local stores from the clearance rack, plus you can try them on. They have such a short return policy that by the time your purchase actually arrives (weeks or longer) you've just about missed the return date. I have so much CRAP that I could not return it's really sad. I had a credit balance and I really think their computer system is not right. I would buy less than what my credit balance was but yet my credit balance would go to zero! Yes I did send an email, NO response. There have been a few times I never even received credit for something I returned. I would have to check on it and then email to find out what the problem was. I was always told, "Sorry, we had a kink in our system." Makes me wonder what if I didn't check and send the email, would they ever have credited me back? I have wasted so much money on not being able to return things that didn't fit correctly or I didn't like. You have something like 14 days from the day THEY SHIP from their warehouse, so you don't actually have 14 days from when you actually get the items. =

• L3
      2nd of Sep, 2016

Kinchine, it's spelled "companies", NOT "company's." Please go back to school, your grammar needs some serious work.

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Ideel - I have a credit balance with you, and no way to access it now?!

I believe I have a credit with you from last year. When I went to check my balance I couldn't even find a website. Was redirected to Groupon, but that also produced no results.

Please advise: