Ideal Image / horror story

Here's my story:

My roommate and I were very excited to get laser hair removal so we searched for a bunch of place in Sarasota & Bradenton. We wanted to go to a place with reputation because it is our skin and health what we were going to deal with. After looking around we found an Ideal Image office in Bradenton, FL (the one on University Parkway). I was the first one to get an appointment so I showed up and met with Danielle, the sales rep. She pretty much sold me on the idea of signing a contract, which she never explained in detailed. She said so many good things about the company and their laser but she avoided main points in the contract and of course hidden charges. She even got me a loan for $5000 with Chase...I was never informed of that either. When I went to my first appointment, the laser specialist was rushing, didn't care about doing it right and in detailed. Also, the laser damaged my skin. After this horrible experience, I decided to cancel the service but Ideal Image refused to do it. They even declined to reimburse me for the treatments I hadn't even received yet. No matter what I said, they declined to send the money Chase paid in advanced for the treatments.

Due to their reluctance, I decided to file a formal complaint with Chase. Chase spoke with Ideal Image multiple times and at the end Ideal Image said that they will reimburse the money for the treatments I didn't use. When I called Chase, they said that Ideal Image reimbursed everything but $680, which they claimed they charged me for the first treatment. I was very upset and faxed them copy of my contract, which stated my first treatment was only $187. Chase agreed with my claim; however, they said Ideal Image said that because I cancelled the contract I was not eligible for the discounts anymore so they decided to charge me full price. After dealing with Chase and Ideal Image for a month and a half I gave up and paid the balance in full. I have never been so disappointed and upset with a company as I was with Ideal Image. I will never recommend or even consider going back. I understand that Ideal Image is a franchise so every owner is different; however, Corporate should not let these kind of people run under the business name. I was scammed and now I have a horrible image of the company. Of course my roommate never went to her appointment...

Contact: john.s.lysle@gmail.com

Comments

25th of Dec, 2011
    Ideal Image - treatments
    ideal image
    West Hartford
    Connecticut
    idealimage.com

I had a recent treatment and am amazed at the loss and almost no regrowthof hair of treated areas... The process is working much better than expected at this point and the service remains great

• Id
      6th of Mar, 2012

We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Ideal Image strives to provide the best customer service to our guests. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 813-286-8100 so that we may work to improve your guest experience.

• Sh
      11th of Aug, 2012

In the same boat...NEVER had any of the contract explained. Now waiting to hear from "corporate" on Tuesday for a refund. It states the most messed up way of 'refund" and you will pay a fortune for one treatment but your lucky you got out. Our sales person even said she was rushed and did not explain it all. I want my money back ASAP!!

• Le
      14th of Nov, 2012

I have the same issue!!! Every time I call corporate I get asked which office I was receiving treatment from, and I get transferred.

While speaking with the sales rep I was reluctant to go ahead with treatment. I asked that if I had started treatment and wanted to cancel, she said that I could. I'm trying to cancel my treatment now after two sessions and the my sales rep is basically telling me that I cannot cancel. That I owe the full amount of about $3, 500.00 even if I don't come in for the treatments. She told me that if i cancel it would affect my credit. well, if cannot continue to pay for reasons out of my control, like family matters that have come up, it will do worse for my credit. she basically said that either way i look, at the situation, i'm screwed! This is unfair and unethical. This should have been explained to me during the consultation.

Another aspect of the sale that I was not told about was that I would be issued an ideal, image credit card. The last thing I need is a credit card. Thankfully I have not used it.

I have contacted the world financial bank and they have assisted me in filing a dispute with ideal image. Hopefully this is the right step towards ending this issue with ideal image.

15th of May, 2018

@Lesley henao I wish I had seen this before I signed my contract! They also told me I could cancel at any time and now they say I can’t break out of it by any means!

• Ro
      8th of Jan, 2014

Did the dispute process with the Ideal Image credit card work out in your favor? I just filed a dispute myself.

• Am
      22nd of Sep, 2014

Can anybody guide me on how to file a dispute? Have paid in full to them and got one treatment done. Now they wont let me out of it.

30th of Mar, 2015

Im in the same situtation, contract not explained, credit ran without my knowledge. Want to cancel and was told that I still have to pay for the serviices even if I dont use them.. What A SCAM!

This is for the IDEAL IMage in Raleigh NC

• Fo
      8th of May, 2015

EVERYONE CONTRACT CORPORATE! EXPLAIN TI THEM YOU ARE HIGHLY UNSATISFIED, WAS PRESSURED INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT NO LONGER WANT THE SERVICE! DO YOUR RESEARCH, CONTACT THE HIGHER UPS! THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN AND WILL GET YOU OUT OF THE CONTRACT! IDEAL IMAGE HAS SO MANY LAWSUITS ALREADY AGANIST THEM THEY DONT NEED MORE! CONTACT CORPORATE!

• Su
      12th of Sep, 2015

Their Bosses are hiding and no one is willing to hear you, because they know what they did and how much scam they are!

19th of Feb, 2016

Before I signed I asked if I could get out of my contract if needed and she said "absolutely!" I called today to cancel due to insufficient funds and she laughed at me and said "no no I never said that, you cannot cancel or get reimbursed" I literally broke down crying. I need the money back! I lost all sources of income abruptly! I only did 2 treatments. Paid for 13.

• Pr
      28th of Jun, 2017

@SadG I had a contract costing over $5000 for hair removal on my full legs and upper lip. The contract rep acted like the sale price was actually over but that she would call someone who could approve it. She called someone in another office who supposedly approved it. That person on the other end was actually probably laughing again at her co-employee (the contract rep) who had another "chump" in her office. SCAM all the way. My impression is that they pull that act on a regular basis.

I had two treatments, the second with their numbing cream which did practically nothing. I was literally jumping off the treatment table. Went for third treatment with a stronger numbing cream and couldn't stand the pain. I immediately told the tech to STOP. I said the laser felt even stronger than before. She said they have to turn it up stronger with each treatment to effectively reach the hair follicle.

I later sent a letter from my doctor which directed me to immediately discontinue the treatments. Sent it certified mail. Ideal Image NEVER RESPONDED. They don't care. Employees there are like Stepford Wives, friendly smiles and robotic responses. Once they get your money and your signature on their contract, they no longer care about you.

I then went to my bank, Wells Fargo, to file a chargeback. The WF rep had to call Ideal Image and direct them to answer my certified letter. Can you believe that? Wells Fargo couldn't believe I received no call, email, or text... nothing. On Wells Fargo's directive, Ideal Image called that evening stating that my doctor's letter was refused. They could only go by THEIR physicians opinion of my situation. Well, who do you think a doctor retained by Ideal Image is going to side with?

Wells Fargo would not give me a printed copy of the chargeback response, but suggested that I contact a TORT ATTORNEY, to make claims that are outside of the contract. Ideal Image did not tell me that each treatment would be stronger or how extremely painful the treatments are. They also did not tell me other things that I will hold for later. Anyone wanting to form a CLASS ACTION lawsuit against Ideal Image from any state with any issue, contact me at estheticians@hotmail.com. Thanks

23rd of Apr, 2018

I haven’t even gone to my appointment yet I asked if I could cancel because I don’t have the money for it the lady there said that she told me when I signed the contract that I couldn’t cancel which I don’t remember her telling me that at all if anyone can help me please do this is my email
    Beastkadio@gmail.com