Icon Health & Fitness / Defective Elliptical Trainers
My issue with the Icon Health Rider Elliptical trainer began the first time I used it. This was about a week after it was delivered and assembled in my home and about 2 weeks after the actual purchase. The problem was with the heart rate monitor and the LCD screen on the console. Neither were functioning properly and I called the toll free number for service immediately.
Each and every time I called the toll free number I was immediately put on hold and after the first couple of times of waiting more than 20 minutes on hold, I realized that there was no way to get through to a live person immediately and you basically have to use the call back feature that they have. If you need service, don't waste time on hold because they basically don't ever answer calls - you need to leave a message for them to call you back at THEIR CONVENIENCE. This would usually happen in a day or two after the message is left. So anyway long story short: I told them the problem, they sent a part, 2 weeks later I received a part, not all the parts just one, so I called back = they said the other part was on back order, after multiple calls and TWO MONTHS - I finally received the part that was needed. Then I call the repair guy who does their installs - the part that I waited 2 months for has an identical defect. I call the store that I bought the unit from to come take it away and I want my money back - after much wrangling I agree to let them replace the unit with a new one. So now the new one shows up and IT IS ALSO DEFECTIVE and the delivery tech says the following. OH YEAH, I've seen alot of these - at least 8 in the past couple months with the SAME PROBLEM. At least the store was good and did refund all my money [Sports Authority] but it was still a lot of wasted time and effort and I did not get in shape for my winter vacation. The total time wasted from original purchase to final removal and refund was exactly 11 WEEKS.
More Icon Health & Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Icon Health And Fitness - Bad quality product 
- Icon Health And Fitness - Broken with no service 
- Icon Health And Fitness - Terrible customer service 
- Icon Health & Fitness - parts not shipping 
- Icon Health And Fitness - TECHNICIANS NOT PAID
- ICON Health " Fitness - Nordictrack spacesaver se7i
- Icon Health & Fitness - Don't be surprised if you cant get a provider to repair or maintain your machine
- Icon Health And Fitness - Sold me a treadmill that doesn't work
- Icon Health And Fitness - Delivered to the wrong address - lost sale b/c of Awful Customer Service! 
- Icon Health And Fitness - Charged $25 to register equipment