Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown / customer service

1 Raleigh, NC, United States

I was recently supposed to stay at the Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown in NC on 5/14/18 for a work conference. When I arrived at the hotel to check in at about 8:00 pm and gave the man at the front desk my name the man there stated he had no reservation under my name or under my company's name. I had printed my confirmation page off my email so I took it out and showed it to him. He just shrugged his shoulders and said must have been cancelled and "I don't know what to tell you." I pulled out my cell phone and was able to call my manager at my company and tell her the situation and she advised me to just book a room and get it straight with her later. I told the man behind the desk that I'll just give you my personal credit card then and book a room for the night and I'll straighten it out with my company later. The man said they were full and he didn't have anything for me. I asked if there were other hotels in the area that had vacancy and he waved his hand and said there are lots of other hotels and I can go ask them if they have anything for me. He was very dismissive, short with me, and rude. There was one other guest behind me, that walked in after me, that I assume was waiting to check in, and twice while I was talking to the man at the front desk he cut me off and gestured for the other guest to come forward by saying "Can I help you sir?" I had to say "I'm still here." To which the man behind the desk would very rudely sigh and say "I don't have anything for you." I asked for a print out where the reservation had been cancelled like he told me and he said "We don't do that, that's in your email." I said the only thing in my email is the confirmation and he again just shrugged and said he doesn't see any reservations for me and he doesn't have anything for me tonight. I'm supposed to go to Raleigh again in 2 weeks for a conference and stay at this same hotel, I printed the confirmation but apparently that means nothing. I asked the man if that reservation is missing too and he said no, he can see that one but that's the only reservation I have. This entire time he had a phone up to his ear and said multiple times "hang on" and "I'm dealing with someone" so I can assume that wasn't another customer he was speaking to the entire time I was standing in front of him and he kept being short with me and dismissing me. There was also another woman behind the desk the entire time I was up there at the very next computer and she was talking on the phone to the Hilton in Raleigh making a reservation for 5 rooms. When I asked for a print out where my reservation had been cancelled the man looked at her and she said "I'm busy, I got this" and waved the phone around and then went back to talking on the phone. I came to Raleigh expecting to have a quiet night before a conference the next day and basically got rudely ushered out of the hotel by your employee behind the front desk because he "couldn't find" any reservation for me even though I showed him the confirmation page and the entire time he acted like I was disturbing his phone call and annoying him. I walked out very upset and I'm not looking forward to staying at this hotel again when I'm supposed to come back in 2 weeks and will be speaking to my company about changing the reservation to a much more customer friendly hotel.

Ni