Hughesnet / fap

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I only found out this morning that any page browsing, game playing and even accessing your email account goes against your FAP. Now please someone tell me how this is anyway fair.
I acknowledge that I did exceed the FAP yesterday morning and that I did wait the required 24 hours, when in fact by trying to access my email 2 hours prior to the FAP being taken off I have to wait an additional 24 hours. I would not have known this if I had not been able to speak to a CSR who could actually speak English.
People I say let's not let them get away with this. I mean after all we pay for the email account that we are being locked out of.
Let's bombard the Corp office's with letters of complaints.
Here are the addresses I use.

Hughes Network Systems
Customer Relations
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876

Hughes Network Systems
Customer Relations
100 Lake Forest Blvd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

I have used these address so often that I have them memorized.
I will not give up until things are improved for those of us that keep them in business and you shouldn't either.

Comments

• Bu
      6th of Sep, 2009

Here is information regarding a Class Action Lawsuit against HughesNet:

PBM Files Class Action Against HughesNet --- Satellite Broadband Company

The law-firm of Pogust, Braslow, & Millrood, LLC, recently filed in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, a lawsuit against HughesNet, Inc., Hughes Communications, Inc., and Hughes Network Systems, LLC, for breach of contract and frauduluent business practices involving the marketing of the HughesNet® Satellite Broadband Network System.

Filed on behalf of HughesNet® subscribers and consumers, the Complaint alleges inter alia that the satellite broadband Company's nationwide advertisement of "Highspeed Internet by Satellite: Wherever Whenever" was materially false and misleading.

The class action lawsuit also alleges that HughesNet intentionally "oversold" its bandwidth, whereby thousands of HughesNet® subscribers and consumers were subjected to limited Internet broadband accessibility, speed, functionality, and connectivity.

Additionally, it is alleged that HughesNet actively marketed HughesNet® subscribers and consumers to upgrade their broadband plan under the representation that such would result in faster Internet broadband access. Despite this, HughesNet® subscribers and consumers experienced significant broadband delays, including extremely slow uploading/downloading speeds, unreliable connectivity, and the inability to access email. Furthermore, HughesNet® subscribers and consumers were often required to incur additional costs, fees, and early termination penalities, as a result of HugheNet's false advertising.

If you or someone you know is a HughesNet® subscriber and/or customer and have experienced similar Internet broadband related issues, please contact our law-firm for a free consultation.